When you're texting someone you like, do you reply right away or wait a while?

This guy I've been talking to for a few weeks will text me then reply hours later. Is this normal. He didn't always do this, just recently and I'm not sure if he's just busy or what but he hasn't said anything about being busy lately

Most Helpful Guy

• If I can sense that the girl is engaged in the conversation, then I will reply instantly. If I suspect that she is not that engaging, then it will take me longer to reply (vary from minutes to a around less than 3 hours) If I am busy with something, got something to say but need to gather my thoughts, then I will reply much later.

A key to texting a guy you like is to not make any signal that mislead him into thinking that you are not into him.

• But i'ts obvious i am, i just feel like he's not into me. But he always responds eventually

• Unlike girls, we guys also frequently respond to girls who we are not attracted to. However, we may not respond to every message.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they usually write really fast... I am in the same situation!

What Guys Said 2

• If a girl shows me that she is not intrested in talking to me then i will leave the conversation or i will just lose intrest... thats it...

• But he still texts me everyday?

• OP means original poster. It's a word used to describe the person who posts a question or something. Not just on GAG, but any website n the net.

• @lonerider Oh well i didn't know

• As soon as I see the message. I don't and won't play any fucking games with a girl. I rarely text anyone for conversation, and when it happens it's usually 1:00 am or 2:00 am and she tells me she's bored on her bed or something. I don't text during the day, or evening.

When I text I make sure is to settle a date or meet up, period. I don't linger on texts all the time, I don't like it.

What Girls Said 5

• I reply right away or no more than like a minute if i'm right there bc I hate it when people take forever to text me back.

• text fast XD

• I reply to anyone as soon as I see the text

• I always wait a while.

• I wait a while so they dont think I am desperate