Guys dating around and I'm grossed out?

I happened to find out that a guy I've been just on a few dates with is also dating around... No surprise, most do - but I always get grossed out at the thought of it... I don't get intimate with the guy but the fact that he try's and knowing he does the same with others... I've seriously lost hope - I get thats the dating world and I can't help my disgust but my views are different... I don't like feeling like a convenience... Is it too cold or wrong of me to simply ask the guy to just spare me and let me be, I don't want to feel like another convenience... I'm fully aware he doesn't owe me anything and I would never make anyone change... But I don't want to be just another girl

Most Helpful Guy

• You are perfectly entitled to how you feel. The dating word is quite gross (not only for you or only for girls) in that sense. Most people will date several others until things get serious, at which point - hopefully - they cut things off elsewhere.

Once you've sifted through enough dirt you'll eventually find someone you like though. Reality sadly is that unless you're putting yourself out there you won't be found (or find someone).

• I get people want to date around to find the right fit, I just can't get passed being grossed out by it.. I don't see why you can't date one person, after a few be like no and move on... But to have a few is just.. I don't know - and definitely goes both ways for girls and guys, I agree... I know it's not fair to ask a guy to be exclusive just to see how it goes - no commitment but just one on one dating - no distraction and it's more pure, not tainted by others, it takes away that special feeling and makes it more of you're a convenience on call feel...

• Maybe you're at the wrong forum for what you want? People on a dating sites and alike won't normally put all their eggs in one basket since they tend to want results. People you meet in other ways (might I point out that libraries are basically a "lets date!" zone) are more likely to start things of exclusively.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all guys do it, but like

• Oops. Like 99% do it. Some guys I know only date one at a time though so I know some do

• Bullshit at 99%

• I swear that's what it seems like. They say to "keep options open" in case one doesn't work. When they really like a girl of course they won't, but when they're finding out, many do. Especially if you meet in certain places.

What Guys Said 5

• Have you talked to the guy about how you feel about him dating around?

• I'm not sure i was suppose to find out and I don't know how to bring it up.. I don't want it to come across to him that I'm telling him what to do - would you rather a girl just walk away no troubles so you're free to continue as you are?

• no i'd rather a girl that didn't just run away from her problems and instead tried to face them

• If it seems like 99% of guys do this, you're looking in the wrong places I think. If you're not comfortable with it, move on. There's not really much else to do. Find someone with the same standards or beliefs as you. Respect yourself :)

• I'll always choose respect for myself over giving in to anyone... I'm hoping to find someone with the same standards... I don't mean to be grossed out by it, I just can't look past it for some reason

• I would never bounce around from girl to girl, That's just nasty. Some guys are decent and some aren't. You just have to find the right one.

• I believe there are decent guys out there, and thanks for being one!! 😋

• If you're so grossed out why not make it exclusive with one guy?

• Id like to but it never gets to that point, it'd be nice to get to know him first but it's hard to find a guy who's ok with dating one girl

• Now you know how many men feel all the time.

What Girls Said 1

• I am grossed out too!