Should a girl ask a guy out?

I don't know if age matters. Depending on if you ask a guy out. So. I'm on this dating website. And this guy smiled at me. And liked some of my photos. Well, I smiled at him and like his photo. Nothing else has happened. Should I message him? Or wait for him to message me. He's 10 years older then me. What should I say if I message him. Would it be weird.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. It doesn't matter the girl does the asking. If you like him, just ask him. Or just message him and start a conversation. If you like how it's going, ask him out. And maybe he asks you out first after you start the conversation.

• Okay. Well, I forgot to put in the question. I already asked the guy a question. I he hasn't replied. It's been almost a week. Should I let it go. Or wait. I don't think he's been on since I messaged him... is there a way I can recover from the question. I asked him what movies he liked. Which is kinda of a broad question. I don't know. What would make me stand out. I don't wanna sound weird or desperate.

• Thanks. Do you think guys play hard to get?

• Of course they do. I don't like going for girls that play hard to get. In my opinion, it's not worth it.

What Guys Said 8

• Of course lady!!. Why not? I don't see anything wrong with that. Times are changing now, so it's absolutely fine if a woman asks a man out, there should be no ego in these things and I would suggest don't pay attention to those people who say that a man is suppose to take the first step and so on, if you believe it's right to ask him out then please go ahead with that.

There is nothing wrong in it.

• Both my 2 previous relationships happened because the girls themselves asked me out.

So yeah, you can message home or even ask him out. Age does not matter. :)

• If you're honest and straightforward there's nothing wrong with it

• Send him this "Help! I've been kidnapped by bad guys. You have a rubber band, a paper clip and a drinking straw at the ready. Now how would you save me using only those items?"

• Asker (18-24)
      1minReport
      Okay. Well, I forgot to put in the question. I already asked the guy a question. I he hasn't replied. It's been almost a week. Should I let it go. Or wait. I don't think he's been on since I messaged him... is there a way I can recover from the question. I asked him what movies he liked. Which is kinda of a broad question. I don't know. What would make me stand out. I don't wanna sound weird or desperate.

• Yeah go ahead and do that. It might make his holidays.

• Do guys play hard to get?

• I've had peoples friend ask me to ask their friend out, maybe girls feel the need for guys to ask them out or something.

but should girls ask guys out? No, both should be able to.

• why wouldn't a girl ask a guy out?

• Only if he's very attractive.

• The world would be a better place

What Girls Said 3

• Go ahead and message him if you're interested, there's no age restriction. Or gender restriction, for that matter.

• Yeah, absolutely! If you're interested in someone, go for it! A "hey, my name is (whatever). I think you're cute and I'd like to get to know you better. Want to go for coffee with me on xyz?" can go a long way.

• I don't think it will be weird, you guys are both on a dating website, so why not, send him a message first. Who knows, sending him a message first might make you stand out from every other woman on there