Is the whole point of dating ultimately to have sex?

If that's the case, then why is prostitution illegal in most places?

Most Helpful Girl

• No its not. It's not like 1 night stands are that hard if that's all you're looking for.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. It's not.

The whole point of dating is to filter out people who are worthy of investing more time.

Sex is the whole meaning of life.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, but that's not the ONLY goal obviously.

• Unfortunately, there are many prostitutes coerced into prostitution, held against they're will while being forced and threatened to continue. There's actually a pretty eye-opening documentary about it on netflix.. one about porn stars too if that's what you like.

• Dating is typically for the purpose of forming a relationship that provides emotional fulfillment and subsequently, sex as well. It isn't the sole purpose. I believe prostitution is illegal due to the spread of STDs and the dangers that come along with it.

• For me, long term/marriage is the goal, not sex.

• there's a differance between Dating and prostitution of ten prostitutes are exploited

• for me, yes. I don't know, I think prostitution should be legal

• Its to have a life long partner. Sex is just a bonus

• Are people looking for life long partners in high school?

• Some people are i didn't start dating till college and before that i just fooled around

• The point of dating is to find a spouse to marry.

• No. To me, dating is to look for a future long term relationship that could possibly turn into marriage.

• No? Lol! Prostitution maybe.

What Guys Said 16

• No. Point of dating is to form deep, passionate relationships. One aspect of a deep relationship is to know each other closely and intimately. Sex is the closest you can get to someone, literally, so it's an indication of having that relationship. So in a way it is an indication of the objective of dating, in my opinion.

• Well if prostitution were legal, it would put a damper on how much control and exploitation pimps can cause. I would be in favor of prostitution being legal and regulated with STD checks and permits and licenses to be required. // Most people ultimately want a relationship. So as far as dating goes, I don't think sex is the "whole point". I am not in a relationship now, but I'd like to be in one. Sex included of course. LOL!

• If we're all going to die as soon as we are born, why is murder/abortion/euthanasia illegal in most places?

• No, it's not. I don't believe that.

• The whole point is to find a soulmate, someone to be your best friend in life. You don't have to date someone to have sex.

• Neh. Sex is a secondary goal. Primary goal is emotional bonding and doing shit together as it's much more funner.

Prostitution is illegal bra sue you mostly have pimps forcing woman to be prostitutes which constitutes to human trafficking and sexual extortion. Plus there is a massive risk of getting STD's from hookers.

• There's meant to be some stuff afterwards about family, but that stuff doesn't matter much.

• Well you have completely wrong perception of dating then... Dating is just a way to check compatibility between people, and it includes sexual compatibility, emotional compatibility, cultural compatibility and what not

• Uhh... no, it is not

• No shit sherlock

• Is the whole point of dating ultimately to have sex?
    Obviously, it isn't. You can just have sex without wasting time.

Prostitution is illegal for apparent reasons:
    One - it's not government regulated, the state turns no profit from this.
    Two - STDs, you can say what ever the hell you want on this topic, but one of the biggest contributor to such diseases is, in fact, prostitution.

• I don't see the correlation to prostitution...

But the purpose could also be to have children...

• For me it's not the goal because who needs to go on a date just to have sex? everyone should have some friends with benefits as its healthier... or for those having issues, buy a hooker who will get you some confidence but dance classes will be better for you likely in the long run. Sex is a symptom of the goal which is connect and have fun. It's not required for me personally and often I avoid it on purpose even though she wants it as that is a good dynamic; where she knows their is chemistry and an effort of respect. A big factor is whether someone can honestly say they have been in love which is not (1) loving how someone makes you feel and (2) having "a crush" on someone. Being in love is different you will see the above as rather elementary if you know the difference. Though I would say if you have not be in love, think about how you feel about that special pet you had and of it were sick, wouldn't you rather assume it's pain to make it feel better if given the ability? That is a little bit of a sample of the contrast

• No it's not. And if you think that, give up dating now cause you'll be single for the rest of your life.

• Prostitution is illegal, because if it wasn't, women would lose their power in the dating game.

• For some guys maybe but also to have a companion and maybe get married