Is this text worth responding to?

Went on a date with this guy. He's very attractive, smart and we had a good time. At the end of the date I texted him "had fun tonight. Thank you for the drinks." He replied "same here. I'll let you make me a drink next time since you have extensive experience. Ttys." I ended the convo with "Funny! Have a goodnight."

2 weeks go by and nothing from him until this morning. He texted me "good morning California." Honestly, I don't like giving the time of day to someone who wasn't thinking about contacting me for 2 weeks, so I'm feeling very indifferent.

Should I respond and give him a chance or leave it alone?

He ended up sending a 2nd text. He said "You should come to this Holiday Party. Either with me or bring your girls." I said "Hello there, Sounds fun! I have plans tonight, but thanks so much for thinking of me. Hope you're doing well!" Meh. It was sweet of him to invite me, but I'm still feeling indifferent. His text reflected that he might be insecure. He should've asked me out directly instead of giving me the option to "bring my girls". I don't know, maybe I'm not as into him as I thought!

Most Helpful Guy

• You're 30-35 playing the text game? Cmon now! Let's be reasonable. REASONABLE!!

Because two weeks go by, and HE hasn't contacted, you're willing to just ignore him now and write him off. Tho it's easy to see here that within those two weeks YOU, YOURSELF did not make contact either.

Don't do this. If it was fun that night, it can be again. And this guys worth should not be determined simply based off him not contacting you in those two weeks. There could be a reason. And that reason may not involve his interest level decreasing for you.

Some people man...

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh I'd be feeling the same. You have to be okay with how often they contact you. And he'll probably always be like that, so... I mean, even if it was super fun and he likes you, you probably aren't the top of his list of romantic options..

What Guys Said 7

• if he was attractive to you, you enjoyed his wit, and you had a good time, i'd say pursue it.

now, about him waiting 2 weeks? for one thing, communication is a two way street. you could have messaged him. in fact, he may even think that because YOU hadn't messaged in 2 weeks, you didn't want to hear from him again, and he's texting one more time to try to see if there was a connection that night.
    then again, guys are told "don't come on too strong, don't seem desperate" and so he might have waited to text so as to... not come on to strong or seem desperate.

I could be wrong, he could be a total douche who you should ignore. but based on what i know, which is limited ONLY to what you wrote, i would say you should give him a shot.

• 20 bucks say you'd still text back

• There are tips on some sites, which tells man to wait a bit after these dates... i think it's stupid, and here's your reason why.

So yea, he is definitely interested in you, so "Give him a chance".

• Respond. He eventually got to u, he's gotta have a reason

• Give him a chance he might of been busy, sick or following bad advice to wait two weeks

• If you are feeling indifferent, why bother? You could tell him that 2 weeks is too long to wait.

• I think your definition of smart is of poor quality.

He isn't worth your time.

What Girls Said 7

• I would respond. Give him a chance. You never know what happened. He might have been really busy, Travelling or something else.

• But then keep it casual, don't pin up too much hopes on the guy just yet. He has to demonstrate his interest.

• Respond like an adult with something like this, "I was waiting for you to get in touch with me as I had such a great time with you, as the female in this beginning relationship I thought you would be the one to contact me. But I'm very glad you have finally done so! And I'm not feeling in different I'm feeling happy. How are you?"

• Oh I would respond. My thinking is he was trying to give you some space and not come across as overbearing/needy. I know this is a terrible source for real life, but in an episode of The Office and there are these two guys, Andy and Kevin. Kevin met a girl he liked at a Christmas party and Andy, having recently had his ex-fiancĂ©e cheat on him, was telling Kevin to ignore her and avoid her as much as possible. So maybe your date was just getting bad advice from someone he trusted. You never know, really

• I don't understand why you'd be annoyed? If you just went on a date, he really doesn't owe you anything to text you at a time you find to be quick enough.

Clearly, he's still interested, and you sound like you still are... you're just pissed. But what's the point?

Just let it go. If you can't, and that was something super important to you... then maybe you're not right for each other.

• Depends. If you think there's potential for more and you think you're going to miss out then I'd reply.

If you don't think there's potential then I wouldn't. He's kind of flaky it seems. I had a date do that to me once. It took him a few weeks to get back out to me because he was out of state. I didn't reply. Unless you have had a traumatic thing happen, a person can reply at least within a few days at least! I have a feeling you'd be wasting your time with this one.

• There is no spark between you at all.

• Due to not dating him for very long, I would text him back, but if he is consistant in not responding back for 2 weeks I wouldn't contact him again. It's quite rude to respond two weeks later and not apologize or give you a reason for such a late reply

If a guy didn't contact me until two weeks later I'd assume he felt indifferent towards me and that I wasn't really on his mind. I'd also assume he wasn't eager to keep in contact with me 💛