What do you think of homosexual romance movies?

weather or not you are for homosexuality, do you like or dislike romance movies that are same sex? if you've never watched one before, why not?

personal opinion, every gay guy movie I've seen has pretty much had the exact same plot, but at least managed to be really funny. whereas all, except for one, lesbian movie I've seen have been too boring to watch all the way through.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, I've never seen any gay romance movies. As for why I haven't seen them, I don't go out of my way to search for and watch gay romance movies. Or romance movies in general. Not only are they usually boring, they are a big part of why so many people nowadays have a false idea of what love really is.

• I definitely agree on your last statement about them being a big part of people's false idea if live. though, it's always been that way through entertainment. people just had to read romance novels instead of watching it long ago. nothing new.

• *false idea of love.

Most Helpful Girl

• There should be more! there aren't that many and they're usually not that good because they're made with low budget. I wish they were more popular so movie makes could step up their game. I am gay and usually don't care about straight romantic movies because I don't identify and I don't know I just usually don't care much, so yeah I need more good gay movies.

So yeah basically I dislike gay romantic movies but because of the budget, not the gayness.

My favorite's Imagine Me and You. Have you seen it? it's really good. I loved it.

• the budget shouldn't make them bad though. the direction is what's important.

• Yeah but usually (not always) low budget = bad writers, bad actors, bad director, bad everything because you can't afford people who know what they're doing.

• thanks for mho

What Guys Said 14

• i'm happy that the industry makes movies that reflect modern relationships since about 1in5 people are not heterosexual it's time to accurately reflect the romantic relationships in society.

but like all movies whether i personally like them or not depends on how well the movie is written

• Where did you find this statistic?

• are you comparing the arguing of the existence of god with a science? a science that is taught in every major university? a science that has accurately determined the last 25 presidents? the science that doctors use to determine the efficacy of drugs, life expectancy? a science that has helped study the effects of cigarette smoking, dietary needs and issues? a mean a good statistician could literally predict your day your every action, emotion, decision based on a statistics.

look i'm no proponent of statistics but to compare it to arguing the existence of god is a TALL order

you may not like statistics but they are real, proven, and actually prove within a really reasonable margin of error human behavior and consequence

• You really misunderstood me. I didn't compare statistic with God, I say that we can't know the real number because we can't read mind. Statistic just state what people claim, it can't know if a person that says to be hetero, really is. And regarding statistic about so controversial topics like sexuality, the probability of lies is very high.

• Blue is the warmest color, enough said... :P

i'm not usually into any sort of romance movie, but i enjoyed this one in a non sexual way, it was cute and just made you feel happy for them.

• Don't think I have ever seen one, noting against any sexuality. I just don't watch a lot of romance movies anyways.

• what genres do you prefer?

• I usually prefer something thought provoking but I can go for a good pointless action movie or dumb comedy from time to time.

• Bit cringey, but then so is normal romance.

• hmm, I like watching it in movies. in real life people being mushy in public grosses me out though, so I guess I can understand your opinion

• i don't care for romance movies in general

• Both homosexual AND heterosexual romantic movies r boring to me.

• haha, yea I guess a lot of guys, especially younger, aren't really big on romantic movies.

• It doesn't have to be action. But it's gotta be GOOD. Lol action helps too!

I LOVED Fight Club!

• I dislike any romance movies.

• Doctor can you get Aids from sitting on a toilet seat? The doctor replies only if you sit down before the other guy gets up haha

• nothing i would watch (dont like romance movies at all) but i dont care

• The only one that I've watched is called Imagine Me & You, which starred the actress who plays Cersei Lannister (is that the right spelling?). It was a good film.

• They don't exist to me.

• Nope no way, Gross...

• They're gay.

• Don't interest me

What Girls Said 5

• i like them generally

• what are some good ones you've seen?

• blue is the warmest color
      free fall
      brokeback mountain
      presque rien

• Not a fan basically

• They're usually not that good. If I found a good one, I'd watch it. I love queer representation.

• I quite like watching gay MM movies...

• Broke back mountain was a beautiful film funny enough i liked this movie.

• yes, actually that was a great one. I didn't know it was considered a romance though, I thought it more of a drama.