Online dating is pointless?

I'm on; Tinder, Hot or Not, OkCupid and PoF.

I use them fairly often, and people rarely ever reply, and when they do the conversation results in me doing all the work and them replying. I've spoken to few girls who I know use the apps and they say they get so much attention.

Which leaves guys' chances low unless you look like Brad Pitt.

I've tried asking girls out in person and all I get is a no. Which is why I decided to try online.

Any suggestions to how I can possibly get a date? 😂 I'm out of ideas..

Most Helpful Girl

• Try and be a bit different. Don't just put things like 'hey, how are you'. Try and ask them something interesting, bonus points if you can ask them about something they've listed in their profile. So I'll use me as an example. I have guys always ask about my tattoos, which is fine but if someone asked me about my interest in a certain musician or something? It shows they've read my profile, not just clicked on my pics. Try and have an interesting conversation opener. Never start with just hello. Doesn't matter if you're good looking, if you're boring, we loose interest pretty quickly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Forget about those terrible sites. Focus on INTERESTS, not dating. Whatever you're passionate about, make yourself public in that interest group, online or in person. Try meetup. com for interest-based socializing. There are 20-something groups in most cities just for meeting people in a group setting, so that takes a lot of pressure off. I've met a lot of gorgeous girls on Goodreads who I would so hit on if I weren't attached. :) I love nerdy girls who love to read... Just one maybe not so great example, but it's real.

What Girls Said 2

• well there still good women out there somewhere. I am with my boyfriend of a little over a year after meeting for dinner on Tinder. :D

• maybe try kik? thats where i found some of my exs

What Guys Said 6

• I'm going to give you some sound advice the chances of finding someone online in general are slim and dating websites even lower. Go hang out in places were you would meet girls who share your interests, a video or gaming store, game convention whatever the British version of comic con is, stuff that you like because any girls you meet there will most likey share the same passions as you do.

When someone shares interests and or a similar personality it makes connecting a lot easier.

• Meh, that's a long shot. Most girls at comi-con are paid models there to push a product while pretending to cosplay.

• @twobitcoder well yeah there are actual people there they hire but conventions like that have plenty of normal gals to, I've been to a couple of them so I would know.

• 0|1
  • I've heard people I know sing the praises of different sites, the most common one is Match where people are allegedly more serious about relationships. Aside from that I would suggest going to events, or gatherings about things you have an interest in. It gives you an easy conversation starter right out the gate.

• You have to pay for a lot of them, and I'm not really a fan of that. I get you pay to meet serious people. But I'm not looking for a girl to settle down with. Just someone to date. I'm too young for that.

You're right about the conversations though, I rarely get out due to working weekends :c

• There's your problem, working weekends.

• u have a nice face, my friend and you are white, thats a BIG advantage at online dating, take better quality pics and not all selfies wherein u pose unnaturally for the pic, makes u seem like a douche, i dont know how tall you are but over 5'9''-6'2'' has max success. Even if not, dont let it affect you. I have been told i am quite good looking, i think about as much as you only and i used tinder for a weekend and i was surprised to get 3-4 matches and they were gorgeous girls, 2 of them my old school mates i never knew had a crush on me so dont lose hope

• You won't find partner quality people on those services, you have to use a more sophisticated platform.

• @isitillegal

Aye, the only way you'll find a partner by intent is by looking for one, and having that same feeling dually regarded by your significant other in this case potential SO, by finding people to date in the interest of settling down, and most likely start a family.

• Those sites are almost worthless, because they are full of women who aren't serious about finding a mate. They just want attention.

I personally found my fiancee on a Catholic dating site that had a subscription.