Since personality matters, would you settle for someone below average?

Would you settle for a person who isn't really physically attractive but still has an amazing personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is not 'settling', that is what I would prefer. I have always prioritised personality over looks. As long as she isn't overweight, looks don't matter much to me.

• But the average person is overweight. Simply being non-overweight catapults someone into being average or better

• Lol. Didn't notice you're in India.

It's really sad how fat the west has become.

• @0112358

But at least, the west is not overpopulated like India, and is not filled with judgmental, moronic pricks whose way of thinking is so backward, like in India! :P

Most Helpful Girl

• No. This is what people don't get: intimate attraction is based typically by a certain level of physical attraction (be it minor or not) AND personality. If someone isn't physically attractive, their personality likely won't be enough.

HOWEVER, that isn't everyone. You can be attractive to one person and not attractive to another, and some people don't care for looks. It just depends on the person - but in my experience, the former is most likely.

What Guys Said 9

• It doesn't really work like that.

Though they both play a part, one can be enough.

• if i didn't care, id have 10 gfs

its just the way it works... why romantic relationships are designed to fail.

• I probably wouldn't.

Looks matter a LOT to me

• Just because personality matters doesn't mean looks don't matter.

• Without a doubt

• If i personally find the girl unattractive i wouldn't settle for her. It wouldn't work out.

• its not settling if you love them.

• Depends on your definition of 'not really physically attractive'

• Personality is way more important to me that looks. I want a lover and a best friend. Looks don't count for much in the long run in either of those.

What Girls Said 2

• No, personality and looks BOTH matter. I'm not gonna date someone I'm not attracted to. Yes, personality is more important, but looks aren't irrelevant.

• Hell yes! No settling there, id be happy all the way around!