Is it wrong of me to ask a guy I'm dating about his ex-girlfriend?

I know his past is in the past and it doesn't bother me. All I want to know is for how long they were in a relationship and how long ago it ended. And maybe, if it's okay with him the reason they split. Obviously I'm not gonna ask so directly but is it wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not wrong at all. It's important to know certains things like witin any relationship. It definitely should come up in a convo. Those are questions most people like to know. If a guy never voulunteered to tell me then I'd be asking. If a guy never told me about past relationships that he'd had I'd be concerned

What Guys Said 1

• It's a good thing to know what happened.
    I've only had one girlfriend, who we just recently split up and I'm still trying to get her back, but I've been close with a few other girls and Me and my now ex used to talk about what happened and why things didn't work.
    It's helpful to know what not to do

What Girls Said 1

• Why would you even care about his ex.

• I don't care. I just wanna know what type of a person he is and I definitely don't wanna be a rebound.