How well do you have to know someone before wanting to go on a date? Will he or she being in your circle of friends shorten that time?

How often do you want to see them before? Or is it more about who the person is? Like if it's a person in your circle of friends does that make it easier or shorten time?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends honestly on how well we connect, there's no exact time. I have known guys for a short time and agreed to go on a date, then I have gotten to know them for months or years before considering it. Depends on our chemistry. Though I am not quick to date my friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather not date someone I know well. So I'd ask someone out on a date after really only learning the fundamental things about them and I get a good vibe from them.

What Girls Said 2

• I would have to talk to him a few times before!

• Nah actually I always date strangers haha I mean when I usually go out with a guy I know only the basic informations about him, I think it's a case tho, not a preference but I wouldn't like a boyfriend who is in my circle of friends anyway

What Guys Said 3

• Isn't a date supposed to be about getting to know them?

• I'll date anyone who asks.

• It's actually better not to know them at all, in all seriousness. Dating complete strangers is actually the most fruitful strategy... But a lot of people are cowards and don't try it.

• why do you think so?

• What about a friend of a friend you've talked to a couple times is that a stranger?