How many people here are traditional when it comes to the dating world?

If you feel as though you have a different outlook on the term "traditional" please feel free to share your opinion on the matter.

• I am
  • I am not

Most Helpful Guy

• i change it up. shit gets real interesting lol.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• PEOPLE, TAKE NOTE THAT BEING TRADITIONAL DOES NOT MEAN 'GIRLS ARE INFERIOR AND BOYS ARE SUPERIOR'.

Lots of people who think that if a girl chooses to be traditional, she is automatically weak and inferior & supposedly lacks ambition. No, that's just a preference and a choice of lifestyle and only something they choose because it suits their traits.

• she can choose to be submissive it does not mean submission is not passive... giving up your will isn't 'strong' no matter how you spin it. its all an illusion anyhow bc a person can not volitionally give up their will as you would have to will that. but the idea is that she's supposed to rely on the will of the guy. which can't be done without slavery. if that offends you then it doers. you can't just call it something nice sounding bc you dont like what it means.

• @Azara "She has to rely on the will of the guy which can't be done without slavery" - You sound bitter for the fact that I am defending those that choose to be traditional. I haven't mentioned anything about anyone being strong, I've only mentioned how being traditional does not make one weak.

I've never called anything nice or sugar coated any bullshit like what you are accusing me of here, I just came here to clarify what has already existed.

As for my first statement, i will explain and clarify what i mean't. A person's worth or value is not determined by what role they play (dominant or submissive), the ultimate goal is for them to be cooperative and often times, there HAS to be one dominant and one submissive, you cannot have both of the same. A woman can choose whatever role she plays but playing that part does not determine if she's weak or strong.

You are quick to jump to conclusions and get soaked into your feelings.

• "She has to rely on the will of the guy which can't be done without slavery" <-- This, i don't want this on my comment section, it's just a bit too disgustingly foul. What the f*ck does slavery have to do with anything?

• If traditional means that I take on a leader's role while she is the nurturing supportive role, then yea I'd call myself traditional.

If traditional means that I'm a walking ATM that pays for anything then no, I am not traditional.

• I don't consider men who have become an ATM in the eyes of a greedy, materialistic woman is traditional. A man should never have to financially support a woman with no effort on her end. That's nonsense and I hate women like that.

• Good to hear there are women like that out there.

• Its more common than you think. However, its hard to weed out the bad nuts.

• I suppose I am, but i don't fully understand what you mean by 'traditional' here.

• Traditional to me (in a round about way of speaking) means that the men are head of house hold, the men brings home more income than the woman, the women take care of children and have more feminine duties (cooking, cleaning, caring for the kids, etc).

• Hmmm... then I guess I'm not traditional! I would want to view my future partner as my equal! :)

• I was going to write 'traditional', until I read this.
      We're both head of house hold, earn about the same income, both take care of our son ( a lot less since he's married and a dad himself), cooking happens once or twice a week and we have a household help.
      My wife is my equal... until her computer crashes: then she needs me to reboot it LOL.

• You mean like hitting her over the head with a club and dragging her back to my cave?

• Quite traditional.

• I'm not at all traditional when it comes to dating or relationships. I want no part of that lol

• I refrain from vulgar language and I act chivalrous towards women. Is this the sort of thing that you mean?

• Traditional Catholic, here.

• I am painfully traditional.

• sure, i am traditional

• Not very. I wouldn't mind a girl asking me out

• I used to help dates with their chair at dinner. But I don't anymore unless I mention it beforehand, just too many weird looks!!

Lol, is like chivalry is old news sometimes.

• Chivalry is never old. People are just losing their manners.

• Yeah man, its how u survive in this morally challenged world.
      For me personally, not at all. Id be impressed, maybe even a little turned on. Fuckboys r everywhere, ruining it for the few good guys left.

• @justbanANNAz you hit the nail on the head with that one!

• Profie pic...

• Define "traditional."

I don't believe in moving in together or having sex before marriage, though I tend to think the concept of dating itself is less than traditional given that marriages were arranged for most of history.

• No sex before marriage or moving in together before marriage. The men are head of household; whereas the women have the household duties.

• I am very progressive when it comes to most things, dating is one of them.

• Some traditional values I believe in but others I don't. For example I don't believe that marriage should be between only a man and a woman, I filly support gay rights. I'm straight. However I do still believe that the man should be in control

• Traditional = failure in dating.

The World has moved on.

What Girls Said 8

• Compared to my grandma, I'm certainly not traditional.
    I think sex before marriage is ok, I don't think there are set things I should/shouldn't do that differ from things my boyfriend should/shouldn't do (So, he's not head of household because my brain is just as good as his at making decisions for the family since I am an adult in the family), and I think people can go on dates alone.

Uhm, I am traditional in that I think I should be engaged or married before living together. So, I've told my boyfriend that we need to be engaged before he moves in with me.

• I am not at all in any way. First of all i prefer to ask than be asked. traditional dating is entirely based on men being active and women being passive, so it definitely does not reorient me. as for the rest i dont follow any traditional absit in any way. iodinate even know what else you think traditional means but i ow i sodding do anything just bc it used to be done. im against that on principal. the world has to move forward or we get stuck with bigotry racism sexism and weak selfish cultures with no unity.

• This seems to further support my conclusion that "I'm traditional" is used as an excuse by women, to not have to approach. Thanks!

• Disregard earlier comment, I misread your opinion entirely. Sorry!

• I am not. If I like him i will reach out to him in 100 different ways! But it hasn't worked yet!

• I'm traditional, with a modern twist when it comes to the dating world. That really applies to me in general, actually

• I can't help it, it's just what feels right to me tho I don't have a problem with the people who are not traditional, I just like things the old fashioned way

• I am traditional in almost everything 🙋🏻

• I'm not traditional at all. The exact opposite, in fact. I'm the provider, I'm dominant, and I'm a little bit masculine in my mannerisms perhaps.

I find that most of the time when people say "I'm traditional", they just use it as an excuse. What they really mean is "I'm sexist".

Not always of course, but that's how lots of girls justify not paying for dates or not approaching guys, or how guys justify making their girlfriends stay at home.

• Well technically I wouldn't consider myself traditional when it comes to the dating world and outside of it. Tradition, is kinda stupid to me. You keep doing things a certain way just because that's how it's always been done. I think tradition hinders progress. While you're clinging on to tradition, their is a whole world of other options to explore. So no, I'm not traditional in the dating world. I think women and men should both be able to approach people, I don't care who works, who stays home, or if both people work, I don't care who makes more money, but I do care who is head of the household. Both of the people in the relationship should be equal.