Guys, would you date a woman who earns more than you do?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• as a guy there is a natural inclination to be a provider. it isn't about being better than women, it is about doing our best for them. we, in many ways, show our love and prove our love by working hard so we have more money to spend on the things she wants, and needs.
    when she makes more than you do, for some guys, they feel emasculated because she has no reason to need, want, or even expect, you to do these things for her. when a guy is used to showing how much he cares by providing for her, he can feel without purpose, or at least like he has no real way to express how much he cares.

if you're not the kind of guy who thinks like this, its no big deal. if you talk to her about it, and work things out to deal with your awkward emotions on the issue (how i would deal with it) everything can work out great. But for a lot of guys, they feel like they have nothing to offer her, and may even resent her (unfairly) as if she took from him his ability to show how he cared.

What Guys Said 25

• Better question is, would SHE be willing to date ME?

• @Mexonfielde The arbitrary nature of the 6' requirement is illustrated when you realize 6' is 1.83 meters, an insignificant number to anyone who is not American.

• @elew4too Yeah, elsewhere it's either 170 cm or 180 cm, sometimes 175 cm. Or just "4 cm taller than me while I'm wearing heels", I've heard that one before.

• I wouldn't mind that at all. But the question is, would SHE date a man who earns less than her?

• It's not 1950.

• @ksoma
      If that were the case most women would always remain single. Women are outpacing men in colleges again they don't care about money.

• @yowza67b women are remaining single, they are swinging from relationship to relationship hoping to find the man who makes them feel secure. You're young. Come back in 5 years and tell us how your girl is still with you while outearning you the entire time.

• As an unemployed guy, I would LOVE to have someone in my life who's making money! :D

• Being a stay-at-home trophy husband is the dream...
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...Files_marcy_jefferson.JPG

• Of course, why not? I might feel a bit insecure at times, but if we're earning enough to be comfortable between us that shouldn't be an issue, particularly if I can contribute more in other ways.

My brother's married to a doctor - now they had a daughter, he's the one who stays home to take care of her. Everyone seems happy with that.

• I dated such a girl. I couldn't care less about that. I date her, not her money.

• I would say most guys wouldn't, same as most women wouldn't wanr to date a guy relativly better looking then them. Is power issue. But i think i wouldn't have a Problem with it as long AS the girl is down to earth and Kind.

• Wouldn't be a big problem. Some guys would be threatened. Not me.

• As long as she doesn't rub it into my face, I'm okay with that.

• Absolutely. My wife WOULD make more than me if she actually worked in her field of education. Doesn't bother me in the least.

• I wouldn't date a woman just for that! I would date her if her personality is great and her relationship with Christ is strong.

• of course, what would be the reason not too?

• Doesn't even make a difference how much she earns... -_-

• I'm always in search for a sugar momma.

• Of course, why wouldn't I?

• Yeah. Sure.

• i literally live in a country that's no matter how much i gain , the women are just too rich , cuz the salaries depends whether you're local citizin or just resident...
    makes me question if i'm ever gonna be able to get married at all...

• I wouldn't care, honestly. I'm a full-time student in college with no job and my recent ex graduated a little over 2 years ago and she makes $42/hr. as a biochemist.

• Of cause would be very cool. I think every woman earns more than I do at the moment

• Absolutely, as long as it's not an issue for her. And she doesn't try to act like she's better.

• well depends if she is gonna be a huge biatch about it or not i guess huh? : D

• yes why not

• Yes, i see no problem with that, as long as she doesn't look down at me, because of this.

• It depends on how she acts about it. But if she down to dark me then thats cool with me

• Yes and I would get her to invest in my business...

That's one of the things I look for...