Ran into my ex.. saw another guy hitting on her?

She dumped me a year ago. Understandable reasons. I gave her a thumbs up and smiled.
Did I handle that well?

• Best reaction you could of made
  • Nah shouldn't of done that
How would you of handled it?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends.

If it was just a guy hitting on her, I'd just make eye contact. Give a smiling nod and say hello, then based on her reaction either stay for a moment and chat or just be on my way. Just because a guy hits on her doesn't mean she's into it. If she's not, stay and chat for a bit to give her an "out" then be on my way when she's covered. If she's into it I'd still say hi, but just keep walking.

If she's with a new guy, make eye contact. Say hi, shake hands with both of them. Say bye and be on my way. I'm not into going out of my way to avoid people, but I'm also not into pretending to be happy to see exes with a new guy. Just keep it cool and cordial and show a level of character that you would be proud of irrespective of what she might think.

What Girls Said 5

• That's kinda cute lol I don't know why.

• Just a smile would of been great, don't know why you the thumbs up? But is okay not a big deal

• That's funny. Like something from a rom com about a nerdy guy who's bad with girls

• i would have done... nothing lol. but what you did is ok too i think.

• That's good but.. kind of weird 👍

What Guys Said 14

• You are awkwardness incarnate.

• Handled well, just not what is normally expected.

• What do you think is expected? What kind of message do you think that sent to that girl?

• Some people get overly emotional about the situation. It's more of a shock factor with the way you reacted.

• SO I guess I acted cool and unemotional like spock

• Lol you should have started air humping to make it slightly more awkward.

But in all honesty dude nice job. Don't let that little thumbs up get to you, its a nice gesture. Just let it roll over

• You should have just given her the impression that you never noticed her, tbh.

I'd have just disregarded her.

• I would've acted like I never saw her. If she was very close and turned obvious we saw each other I would've approached her, smile say hi and salute the other guy, then leave. Giving the thumbs up is weird lol

• I'd probably give a nod or a wave to an ex then go about my business.

• If you did that sincerely, then that's a good way to do it. Let me fix your title for you, though. You ran into your ex, you broke up year ago, it's none of your business now.

• Thats awesome. Seems genuinely nice like you're happy for her.

• Good reaction, but not the best grammar you "could of" used

• Yes, you handled it well. I would have done something similar.

• Best reaction you could've made for real.

• Nah, you should've gone over there, kicked the guy's ass and said "THIS IS MY BITCH, UNDERSTAND?"

• That was cringey dude, you shouldn't have done that.

• Um that is kinda awkward...