Can a guy & a girl JUST be close friends?

Can a guy & a girl be close/best friends with each other without becoming attracted to one another, if they were both straight?

• Yes they can be just friends
    76% (16)63% (26)68% (42)Vote
  • No they can't be just friends
    24% (5)37% (15)32% (20)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
7|16

Most Helpful Guy

• i say no, and here is why: even if there is not an initial attraction, one will usually develop. we find people more attractive when we like them, so two people who become good friends will naturally find each other more attractive then if they never talked. What is more, as the friendship deepens, the level of closeness deepens, and at some point one or both people will start getting confused about what they actually do or do not feel for the other person.
    Can a lifelong, close friendship form between a straight guy and a straight girl? Yes, of course it can. But I find it highly unlikely that neither will ever feel romantically for the other. They may hide it and pretend they don't, but at least one of them does.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My friendships with guys develop after I've had crushes on them. So... I guess I don't know how to answer your question. Because I don't develop feelings for them after being their friend.

I develop friendships with them after being attracted to them. There have only been like a handful of times where that hasn't been the case and I just straight up wasn't attracted to them ever, but those weren't lasting friendships or close ones either.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• I would say highly unlikely. But more instances in history lean towards no. One party will have a different idea of what a 'Friend" is. so one person may love their friend, and the other only loves what their friends can do for them very rarely are they equally met between the genders if not in some type of relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • One sided yes. But one will always be attracted to the other one Like : (Less Attractive --> More Attractive) or (Less Popular -> More Popular) (Less Outgoing --> More Outgoing) I guess i can go on for days... But it is true (Sneaky Bisexuals excluded)

0|1
    0|0
  • It's possible but it most likely won't happen

0|1
    0|0
  • Not if she's hot, no

1|1
    0|1
  • if they make it VERY clear that they are not interested in being more than friends with each other. Then yes, they can just be friends :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I know loads of heterosexual girls that have gay male best friends. It's not unlikely, it's very common. Even heterosexual men can be friends with gay women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah just look at me and @misshope maybeee 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1|0
    0|1
  • I clicked YES. But it's hard. =/

1|0
    0|0
  • I doubt it

0|1
    0|0
  • If they are brothers and sisters.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I believe they can for sure!

0|0
    0|0
  • no they can't be close friends, because sooner or later they'll want to fuck each other

0|2
    1|1
    • the more likely scenario is IF she's attractive, hell want to fuck her, probably already does. she may or may not want to ass well, deep down. but for the sake of the friendship she'll avoid it. while the guy would have no problem ruining a great friendship for a ons with her.

• Yeah they can, and I don't see why people don't think it could work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately, they can't

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah I think so, my best friend is a girl and while I think she's attractive, I'm not "attracted" to her if that makes sense.

1|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 6

• I believe so. I have two close guy friends. No attraction whatsoever.

0|0
    0|2
  • Why are straight people so complicated? omg I see this question literally every day. Following this logic, bisexual people would have no friends at all.

1|0
    0|2
  • if the guy isn't attracted to the girl, yes. otherwise, no.

0|1
    0|1
  • Of course silly

0|0
    0|3
  • Sure they can.. not in my case. I'll always be attracted to the guy in some way

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I believe so.

0|0
    0|1