Have you ever dated someone significantly less attractive than yourself?

And if so, what led you to do it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I'm not naive or an idealist so I know that the easiest and most reliable way to avoid problems in relationships is to date one or two points below your own level. Eg if you are a 5/10 man, date a 3/10 or a 4/10 woman. Since she'll know she likely can't trade up to a better man, she'll be good to you and she's far less likely to divorce you or cheat on your ass. If you go after women at your own level, you're going to have to work your ass off to make sure she won't want to cheat, and even then, a lot of women will STILL try to move up to better men. If the woman you're seeing is above your level, she's almost guaranteed to cheat on your ass every time. Women who can date a 7/10 won't stay with a 5/10.

• I'm a 5-6 maybe although some girls say I'm a stud, and I honestly would bite the bullet before dating a girl who wasn't at least a 7 looks wise, that ain't special that's not attraction if it's not high, I've never understood why people like you think it's about 'what's easy to get, or what my equal is' it's about who you want to be with and find attractive and finding one that thinks the same of you who's that attractive, so what if it's hard, you only need one

• I've only been here a short time, I find this comment to be yet another example of bullshit sprayed on this website. "Stud" lmfao.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes with all of my boyfriends before the one I have now. The reason was because I thought so little of myself and my own level of attractiveness that I figured they were the best I could get and I had nothing to lose by dating them. None of them lasted longer than a month and went beyond kissing though.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes.

Eddie explains it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UYzVqcjJ6k

• I would only date a girl who's better looking honestly

• She was just completely brilliant. Talking with her was always fascinating.

• I don't think such persons exist.

• Yes, I did but then I figured out that she's a little whore so I dumped her.

• Yes I did. She was really insecure and that caused a lot of problems for a while. Once I had finally got through to her that I loved her, and she didn't have anything to worry about, it raised her confidence and she started treating me worse, until she was cheating on me and left me for another man.

Unfortunately a persons confidence level being low is often the reason a person treats their partner well. Once that confidence goes up, they don't feel the need to be as nice anymore. If you are going to date someone less attractive, make sure they are still confident enough that they are unlikely to change.

• Yes, because it was easier. I stopped when it stopped being easier.

• Hmmm... No. I have too many good attributes aside from looks for that to ever work out. Humility being one.

• Yes. I met my first girlfriend online, and we were friends for several months, talking online, and playing online games. I became infatuated with her personality (and her to mine) before we revealed our faces to eachother. Not long after we had our first video chat we became a long distance couple. She wasn't ugly, mind you, but she wasn't as attractive as i would've wanted. But since she was "ok" looking, and i liked her personality so much, i continued to date her until she broke up with me for reasons completely unrelated to appearance (she thought i was too clingy, if you must know).

• Yes, I've dated several butterfaces.

What Girls Said 3

• How would you know the person is significantly less attractive than you? Beauty standard is subjective.

I'm not good at noticing or judging someone's looks. I'd ONLY date someone if he is attractive to ME if every other people say he isn't attractive than it wouldn't matter since i find him attractive. (This happened to me before lol and i still find him attractive :D)

• Yes but he was super sweet and funny and just really cool. He left me actually for another girl 😒

• Yes. I assumed he'd have to be a "nice guy" he turned out to be as big of an asshole as the much more attractive guys I'd dated in the past. Huge waste of time.