Would you date a young single parent?

Would you mind dating a young woman or man that had a child? Would it be an automatic no for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger it would have been, unless she hid that from me and I got interested in her then I probably could've gotten over it but I can't say for sure.

Now I wouldn't care so long as the father wasn't in our way.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would depend. I don't think it's very good to have people coming on and out of the child's life. I see people here and their kids are barely 1, and they're trying to hop on the dating horse again.
    I wouldn't want to be a rebound.

What Guys Said 13

• If the young lady was 18 or 19, unmarried, and had a child, I would advise nice young men to stay away from her. Other people will disagree with me, I am sure.

• I'm too young to be a step-dad. She can always say, "the kid won't be an issue, I can take care of him", but that isn't how it works. The kid WILL be involved one way of another. You'll have to schedule dates for when she can get a baby sitter, and if she has to pay than you feel bad making her pay even part of her meal. What if the kid really likes you? Are you just going to ignore the little one forever? Or what if the kid really despises you, do you think the mom is just going to ignore her kid's feelings? Now what if the kid suddenly HS a heart problem or something and needs expensive medical care, are you just going to let the mom suffer in debt from bills because she said she "had this"? Lastly, if you do start getting serious you WILL have to become a stepdad in some way, even if minor. What happens if you break it off though? What if you really liked the kid and the kid felt the same but mommy didn't want to stay? Now you'll suffer TWO heartbreaks, since you are now single and now just lost "your" kid too.

See this is problem when dating a single parent while young, you just don't know what could happen...

• No, I wouldn't really prefer dating a single parent, irrespective of age. I wouldn't want the father of the child to be constantly in the picture.

• No. I work hard. Getting my education. I'm not going to raise someone else's kid. I deserve better than that.

• Sure but under a few conditions:
    -The father must be active in her child's life. I'm not gonna take the role as a father, but I'm ok with being a role model.
    -She can't have more than one kid
    -She can't depend on me for child support.
    -She and her ex must have joint custody

• I honestly never used to mind dating a woman with a child but, I've been having second thoughts lately and I might not have a definite answer as of this moment.

• I would definitely do it. can't change out past so I wouldn't hold her against it.

• Yeah I would date but I wouldn't be wiling to wait as long for sex especially if they are young. Might be dick but that's how I see it.

• Been there done that, never again

• I'm staying away from a woman like that for sure

• How young?

• No, as a rule, I don't date single parents.

• No I won't mind the kids.

What Girls Said 9

• Would you date a young single parent?
    No. I find there are far far far more expectations and standards on a gal to be a surrogate mommy with single fathers than there is for a guy to be a surrogate daddy with single mothers. A gal is seemingly seen as flawed/broken if she isn't all cute around children because having a vagina seems to mean inherently desiring to nurture all children.

Even though I find most single fathers rarely have custody of their kid or spend much time with their kid the whole expectations bit is still an automatic no for me.

• I want to say no, but like everyone around me has fucking kids. And then I like older men, and they usually have at least a few kids already.

It's a surprise that I'm this age and childless considering I'm Hispanic lol

I'd be willing but as long as there's no babymama drama.

• I just rather not.

• No, I won't date a guy that has kids!!! I won't.
    I don't have kids, so I don't want my partner to have kids.

• not a teen but a young adult.

• That's a definite no. I don't even want children of my own, let alone someone else's kids.

• I dated one guy but his daughter lived with her mom, and the guy I'm currently dating has a son but the mother is totally out of the picture, doesn't even visit her son. It does get a bit harder as you get older to find single men without kids

• Really? It gets that hard at the age of 26? That's interesting to know...

• No, I would not. I want my own kids lol.

• It would depend on the relationship with the mother.