Do you think an 35 year old man can date an 19 year old woman?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because when the girl gets older and wiser she'll feel like she was manipulated. If the resentment doesn't make her leave, discovering her true ambitions will. She's not old enough to know what she really wants. And when she figures it out, she'll probably go for it, and leave the guy hanging.

Besides, with that age difference it is impossible to have proper subjective roles. The girl will view him as a father figure. It may not seem so, but social roles are more complex than they appear. I find myself asking for advice, looking up to them - essentially playing the role for someone thats merely 7-8 years older. Personally it's just gross. Also gross he he could have a daughter the girls age. It's possible. My father made someone pregnant at age 16. The potential amount of manipulative power and advantage you give someone with such an age gap (and a world full of psychos) is really scary. A 19 year old is subject to making poor decisions precisely because of a weakness in that area. It would be a little different if the girl had the experience of a 29 or 39yr old with the same age gap.

When you're out in public, its embarrassing what people mistakenly assume. I look young for my age, and this guy was 7 years older. They thought he was my dad. I wanted to puke and die of embarrassment. And don't worry, age will catch up. My dad looked young at first, but he aged very fast. He looked like a sick old man next to my vibrant mom.

Energy wise, it will be challenging to keep up with his children. They deserve someone who can be actively involved. Within 10 years all manner of health issues can develop, including diabetes and cancer.

My parents were 34, and 19. It ended in an ugly divorce. She tried really hard, but he was so manipulative. Also he had a lot of secrets and baggage, including an additional marriage he never mentioned.

What Guys Said 12

• That age difference is much less likely to succeed, I think, but if you wanna try it then go for it. So long as y'all are happy with it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

• He can but what the fuck does a 35 year old man want with a 19 year old teenager? I mean she's going to be immature and shit in bed.

• Sometimes they do, but I always found that somewhat weird. I don't see how you'd have anything in common.

• sure he can, if it works in the long term is a different question... but if you both want it, go for it

• Both are old enough to make their own decisions in life-- good or bad.
    I'd just let them be, since what they do is their business.

• It's on the outer edge of what will work.

• Yes,... but it most likely won't last

• If they like each other, who are we to object, comment or stop them.

• yeah of course why not

• That sounds like a challenge.

• If they're desperate

• Yeah you can date anyone your heart desires

What Girls Said 7

• Hmm that's 16 years older. So almost double your age. I personally wouldn't recommend it

• Can. But.. shouldn't

• It sounds more of a sugar daddy relationship, and sure anything is possible but i don't think they are compatible there is too much of an age difference

• I want Gerard Butler to date me. He's 46. Hopefully one day. 😋

• Um... ew, but ok...

• Yes. As long as both parties are of legal age they can date each other.

• I don't see what they would have common other than him wanting sex