Is it unattractive if your date doesn't know anything about politics?

I myself don't know much about politics and wanted to know if knowing about it is a plus in a partner or you don't care..

• Unattractive, you should know more.
  • It's not very important, but know some things.
  • It doesn't matter, I don't care.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I couldn't care less if she does or doesn't know about politics :)

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, everyone should at the very least know the basics and try to be somewhat updated on the different parties and their representatives, especially during election times. Politics is important even if it might be boring at times, you should at least know who you want to vote on and why.

What Guys Said 24

• I'm not really interested in the on-going political agendas and stuff, so I don't really care.

However, it's worth looking through the "liberalism / conservative" set-up on what's considered "left" and "right" so that you know what your views kinda fall into.

juntocanada.files.wordpress.com/.../...6230692.jpg

Personally I prefer the left side, because it's based on mutual understanding rather than forced submission.

• That's so weird! My dad, who's instilled into my brothers and myself the importance of voting, labels himself as democratic, or leftist. yet the way he's raised us throughout our lives has been conservative!

• @Leonskii yeah, that *is* kinda weird.

• I'll have to think about that. When I was younger it didn't bother me at all. Just didn't matter.

Now I will say I'd rather date a girl that has no opinion from a political standpoint than date a girl of opposite political opinion. We wouldn't go down that road, because it would be a one sided discussion. I probably wouldn't be turned off by it.

Political conversation doesn't make up a big portion of my life

• I want to have intelligent conversations with the woman I'm with.

Sometimes I'll ask her trivia questions just to see if she's anywhere in the ballpark of "not a moron". One is, "Do you know the smallest denomination of bill without a US President?" Not everyone knows this and that's ok, but one time someone said... "Ummmm Lincoln wasn't a president was he?" Yeah ok, it was nice to meet you, have a nice life.

• Ehh kind of I mean they don't have to be like super knowledgeable but I certainly don't like someone to be ignorant in politics that's partly why the world is so screwed up.

• About politics - not necessarily. But they should have some opinions about how they think a country should be run and to be capable of talking about occuring political issues.

• It's fine if she chooses to ignore all the drama.

• Is good to be aware of the world around you. No one wants to date an obnoxious over-political loud mouth tho lol

• Politics ARE very important with the success of a relationship, because if you both can't agree how to run a country, how will you run a relationship? If someone doesn't care about politics than that isn't a big deal since they're probably open to anything.

• A, politicians are the ones who makes the whole world a HORRIBLE place, it's unappealing if she doesn't care about anything. AND if she doesn't care about anything, then in turn, will not care about me in the long run.

• I'm somewhat politically savvy, but I wouldn't care if my girl I'm dating isn't. In fact it would probably be for the better, as politics can be a very divisive topic to discuss at times.

• The only case in which political ideology would be unattractive is if the girl was a communist/socialist/feminazi.

• I find it unattractive but only if she brings up politics.

• Just some general knowledge is fine, at least she has to read the papers and know some of the current state of global politics.

• You shouldn't be talking politics on a date anyways.

• 😂😂😂😂 no no boy will care

• I do my best to avoid politics all together.

• If she is totally unaware its a sign of ignorance I would think twice about her

• Kind of general isn't it? I mean you can have your PHD in multiple fields and hate politics.

• Voted B. The only thing they should know is what they vote for.

• you should know the basics at least

• I'm a huge politics guy and it would be a tiny bit of a turn-off if my partner did not know a lot about the subject. Not a deal breaker or anything though.

On a side note, fuck leftism.

• If you're younger than 20, who cares. If you're 27 and still have the world view of a 17 year old, it's annoying. But if you're a good looking woman, men will still fuck you. Well, same applies for a man, except he will have far fewer options.

• I don't care about politics.

• As long as you don't start talking about it. If you start talking about it, and you know next to nothing, ya sound ignant

What Girls Said 9

• I voted A but I think B is more suitable. A critical mind is a must for me. Even if they don't know much, they should at least care.

• I'm not very political so I don't mind if they don't know anything, but if they do at least it'd encourage me to become more interested

• Hell nope, I don't know anything about politics either. Personally, I find them boring.

• Went with the second option.

• Yes it's kind of unattractive to me. I don't want him to be all crazy over politics, but a minimum is needed.

• I hate politics so thats great.

• I have general info but nthng too deep. politics pisses me off

• political is important for me but if he doesn't know anything it's not a big deal, I can explain it for him

• Lol No unless you're dating a lawyer. Then I would study a little bit haha