I have a handful of wonderful guys asking me out on dates but I just don't feel like dating... Why's wrong with me? Should I just go on the dates?

I'm 21. My relationship life is like non existent except a 4 month disaster that ended a few months ago. He was crude, disrespectful... And I don't know what I was thinking. I focus on my academics and self a lot, which I am completely immersed in right now. Going out with friends and family too. It's just, there's at least 10 guys right now, all seemingly nice and attractive and great, asking me on dates and wanting to see me... And I'm just not wanting anything from anyone. I still feel disgusted from my previous relationship (sexually) and don't want a guy to get close to me at all.

On the other hand, there's this one guy, the only guy not giving me attention and has been MIA for 2 weeks... He has me hung up. It doesn't make sense since we've only hung out twice, but I developed this stupid crush on him and for some reason can't shake it. He's the only guy I want to see, even though I don't even know him that well. Maybe it's because I've been seeing him in person on campus while the others I haven't seen in person, so that's why I am more interested in him? Does that make sense? Should I just go on these dates?

Cooool thanks guys. I might go on one or two just because... Maybe I need a distraction. If I am not feeling them then I guess that's that. Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal. People we like are usually not interested in us, while we don't like those who ARE interested in us. It sucks, but we gotta live with it.

You can try going on these dates, because they're just 'dates'. If you don't want to proceed with any of those dudes, you can just end it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think there's any reason to feel as if you're supposed to want to date.

If you like it go ahead. If you don't, don't.

trust me the difference will be blatantly clear. nothing to worry about. :)

What Guys Said 5

• You seem to know what you want and that's good. You don't want to date so don't. It's ok. You're not weird or crazy, you're just not interested right now and that's ok.

• Don't go on these dates.

• Yes it make sense and there isn't anything wrong with you. Your emotions are centered around the MIA guy and not the other guys and that type of thing is a normal thing.

• Do whatever you want. I just want to fuck.

• We want what we can't have, all humans do

What Girls Said 1

• Nah, don't go if you don't feel it. Either you'll meet the right guy or you'll regain your interest in dating eventually.