Guys, Why you consider some girls for sex only and other for marriage? Don't tell me good looking/personality there is a secret that I don't know?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Consider two different scenarios:

-If I see a woman that I might like to have sex with, that prospect is a commitment (of sorts) with a duration of one night. The sex and attraction only has to be better than what I was going to do otherwise (clean my garage, shop for groceries, clean litter box, etc.).

- If I see a woman that I might like to marry, that is the prospect of a long term commitment. My parents have been married for 63 years, that's well beyond 20,000 nights! If I'm going to make a monogamous long term commitment like that, I want a good mix of qualities:

- physically attractive
    - sexually compatible
    - compatible personality
    - same political views
    - same views on religion
    - same views on wanting / rearing children
    - similiar interest and activities
    - same level of ambition

When getting married, there is much more at risk. Consequently, there is much more that needs to be gotten right.

Thankfully, the second time around, I got it completely right. @GraySailorsBride ticks all my boxes.

What Guys Said 20

• Well obviously marriage is a commitment for (supposedly and hopefully) life. So the characteristics you're looking for in a wife are things like: 1) is she a good and decent person? 2) does she have common sense? 3) does she seem knowledgeable about at least a few things? (she can learn the rest) 4) does she seem like she'd be steady in a storm (so to speak) because life is full of challenges and you don't want somebody who'll freak out, shut down and panic? 5) does she seem like she'd be a good mother?

Now, not all of the things I've mentioned above are really that necessary for somebody you're just gonna have sex with. Although I'd like the common sense part when it came to birth control.

• Depends. They have to be nice in person for long term.

And even for sex with passion, they have to be someone you connect with.

For just banging (meaningless) then maybe looks. Even then, you might imagine it with some people but not like them?

What do u think? And can u help me on mine pls? It might help u actually www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1836476-can-you-explain-this-fantasies-of-a-female-acquaintance-bit-long-but

• I only want something legit, that being said I'm also holding very high standards on looks (skinny beautiful face etc) I think really what it is is that some guys just want sex and accept any girl and don't have high standards, and no, I nor any guy I know has grown more feelings for someone they didn't initially find attractive enough to date or be serious with in the first place. So I think it's more picky guys tend to want something legit, less picky guys want sex, not a direct answer to you but it should give an idea

• Sex lasts anywhere between 3 minutes to 3 hours. Marriage lasts for a lifetime.

There are some bullshit behavior that we can deal with for a few hours but not a lifetime.

• It's the way that women present themselves to guys.

Say you were a guy in a bar.

At the bar there is a girl who is showing a lot and is smoking hot.
    In the corner of the bar there is a girl who is regularly dressed and looks like a normal girl.

Do you kind of get what I'm saying?
    Sorry if it's confusing the way I put it. I hope someone can help further continue what I'm saying.

• Sex = looks good but lackluster personality

Relationship / Marriage = Good personality and possibly having a few cuts on looks.

• Same reason why girls consider some guys for one night stands and make others wait. Not all girls are the same.

• Promiscuous women = only for sex. No guy want to walk around with a girl on their arm that all the other guys walking by have fucked. It's degrading.
    Plus, promiscuous women aren't satisfied with one person, that's a big reason why she's promiscuous.

Women who prefer monogamy = relationship maybe.

• In my experience, when guys don't want to commit to you specifically it's because they see a quality in you that makes them uneasy.

• All the theories go out the window. It's as simple as this: You want to marry a girl who you believe will never sleep with any other guy. The cheat factor is all that matters. Any guy who disagrees is thinking too hard about it.

• Yes, I mean, I'm not into marriage to begin with but, if I do get into marriage with the lifestyle that I'm living, I'll never marry the girls that I sleep with... understandably so.

• It's the puzzy

• Guys won't want to marry the party types or the ones with high mileage. Almost never would a guy marry a girl that would "put out " on the first date but we would never refuse it either.

• Why do women do it and dont act like you dont

• I consider all girls good for sex and marriage.

• you fuck easy slutty women just to feel good. but then we want a good virgin woman to have our child and family with. not all us of though. I'm not a male whore heck, I'm still a virgin waiting for my virgin girl. but yeah, it comes down to sluts vs virgins.

• The answer is probably less of a mystery than you think. It's all about whether you have the qualities that would make a good wife and mother, and don't have the issues that would make you a bad one.

Do you know what those qualities / issues are? I suspect you probably do.

• A lover just has to be exciting and not too annoying. A wife has to be a lover, a friend and something like a business partner. She has to bring a lot more to the table than attractiveness and good sex.

• Honestly I don't know. Its like a make a split decision when i first see a girl. i can tell a hot girl from a mile away and determine whether i want to have sex with her. But if she is overly striking then I go wow marriage material. But this is just off the first couple of seconds of seeing her. After that i want to know her personality and see if we click and whether she has traits that i want in a wife. Sometimes we just date a girl just for sex and that id be very open with, but some guys lie and cheat to achieve such a relationship. So the secret is that guys have different preferences and thats hard to determine. I really dont know why i find a girl more striking than the other bc beauty is so complex and hard to describe.

• It's probably mostly an innate chemistry that makes spending life together feasible. Banging someone, spending all your time together & banging someone & also spending all your time with them are three different things.