Reasons some attractive girls don't get male attention?

I'm in high school, and lately all of my friends have had guys like them, and now all of them have boyfriends. Whenever I see any of them together, I can't help but wonder what is wrong with me that I don't have a boyfriend. Boys don't flirt with me, or say they like me, or add me on snapchat. Some things that give you a general overview about me:
-I'm not a popular party girl, but I'm not a dweeb either. I have a wide circle of friends that are different ages and genders.
-I'm attractive, and have been called pretty and hot by males and females. I have a pretty face and a good body, and I dress relatively well.
-I'm really smart. APs, honors, straight A's, blah blah. However, the boys I usually like and go for are older and smart as well.
-I have a lot of hobbies and I'm really passionate about them. I'm very political and liberal, which is sometimes a bit much for my more conservative town. However, all of my friends are like this.
I'm just sick of being the ONLY one of my friends to not have a boy outwardly interested in them. Even my straight guy friends have had gay boys interested in them!
Why do you think this is? Also general answers would be helpful.

Most Helpful Guy

• I noticed that you said boys don't flirt with you, say they like you, etc. From a psychological standpoint, that's what's called "passive talk." In other words, you seem to be focusing on what THEY'RE not doing to you, which means you might not be focusing enough on what YOU'RE doing.

If your friends were being honest, they might admit to giving their current boyfriends some form of encouragement. Chances are, all those boys didn't just wander up out of the blue and ask them out. Maybe you should send a few signals out here and there and see what happens...

Most Helpful Girl

• Those are nothing. You are too quiet or maybe you leave it all to the guys to chat with u.

What Guys Said 14

• Maybe the guys who are interested in you have no idea that you're actually open to being interested in.

• you probably intimidate them or your dad he's sent secret messages to all guys at your school telling them if they date you, he would finish them off rambo style. u never know

• If anything that's good. Use this to your advantage, don't get distracted by boys!

Focus on school, give it your all and come out with the best grades. When you're in college/uni then you can look for a love life.
    Also if you're a qualified intelligent woman, you'll easily get a decent guy.

at least consider it.

• Don't worry, seriously if you are attractive and doing well in AP classes you are so set for life 👍

• Intelligent people statistically do worse with the opposite sex and have less sex. People who have the most sex and relationships have average intelligence.

• Any thoughts on why? Maybe they think themselves out of too many potentially good situations. opportunities.

• @Azara that pretty much is the sole reason. For a smart person, a certain type of approach might be "too stupid" or "too cheesy" to ever succeed while a less intelligent person might just go ahead and actually do it. And succeed.

• yeah sounds familiar.

• It's because us guys are not going to waste our time on someone who is out of our league.

• Your dad raised you properly. I assume you have a dad. Don't be down on yourself. Keep up the high standard and don't ever settle! Some guys love hard-to-get, it's a huge rush. I didn't as a teenage boy, way too immature for a girlfriend. Other girls will say you're being stuck up. But I disagree. Don't judge yourself by their standards. Maybe you just don't have time for immature, stupid teenage boys? Maybe you'll make up for it in college?

• 1) They probably think that you are out of their league and your standards are just too high.
    2) They probably think you are a stuck up person.

Let me ask you this; Do any guys approach you at all?

• Because they aren't attractive.

• You won't get my attention because i'll think u are out of my league. good luck my friend

• Your probably intimaditing in some when, don't seem approachable, instead of waiting for a guy to hit on you, start the conversation yourself. Try an be very friendly to everyone and stuff should open up

• You'll get male attention, don't worry.

• You don't like any of your guy "friends"?

• General answer:
    I automatically assume that an attractive girl heard saying how attractive she is during many years. Thus she may have gotten a spoiled personality.
    I also automatically assume that an attractive girl already has a boyfriend and two guys waiting to take his place.
    If she's also expensively dressed there's no longer an assumption of high maintenance but a near certainty.
    Reason enough to look rather at the next girl.

PS, I dated two girls who'd fit your description. My wife is pretty and well dressed and intellectual and liberal.

What Girls Said 7

• Well, aren't you... confident xD Maybe you should use this and be more forwards in the real world then. Stop worrying about guys liking you, if you see someone you like, ask them out.

• welcome to real life, where you find out that you can be pretty as angelina jolie and smart ad einsten, but if you don't have luch you cannot have someone you love and that loves you back just cause you want it, and no matter how much you try you can still have no luck
    Know that nothing is wrong with you! it's just that life is that way...
    All i can say is that I hope you'll have the luck to meet the guy of your dreams!

• Well hello hello! I think your doing fine! Boys cause to much trouble!

• I sent you an answer privately because what I want to say to you is to personal and I am afraid that cause too much controversy if issued publicly.

• I tried to text you privately but apparently you have changed your what ever you change to block anything but messages from people you know. Sorry about that

• Hi! Sorry, I just changed that. I'm new to the site. :) Could you send the answer again? Thank you so much for your help

• Dude guys don't matter right now. Just focus on your studies and the guys will come

• Too self absorbed or scary to approach.

• Just because you think you're up at a great level doesn't mean you're going to get a boyfriend. I may not be much older than you, but I already know you're far too immature (to be in a real relationship to begin with) in the sense where, wow, you sound like everything is revolving around getting attention, from guys, in specific. You're not even trying to find someone to learn, grow, and be with for a very long time. You're just wanting a boyfriend simply to have one. You're too attracted to being in love to just be in love.

• You are really putting her down and I do not know if she's far too immature and I do not know if she's really looking for love. I know where she is because I have been there and in many respects I still am. All she wants is somebody to look at her. In her head saying, "what's wrong with me?" She is not bragging you are interpreting what she's saying is bragging but actually a sign of, "hey I really am okay – at least I think so – so what's wrong with me?" This is why I didn't want to answer her publicly. To the person who asked this question I again say I would love to answer you but I'd like to do it privately. My email is mishi. greene@gmail. com