One week dating and he said "I love you"?

Isn't that weird?

Also, he was VERY drunk when he said it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah too early. It's a sign of neediness, obsession and passion. Soon it will be annoying, scary and weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, that's really soon. People develop those strong feelings at different times but I still feel like one week is not truly enough time to know if you love someone. It seems like a lot of people just throw that word around when they don't really mean it, so the word just loses it's true meaning.

• I agree with you... But I do think he somewhat meant it as he wasn't sober at all when he said it.

• Being drunk or sober doesn't have much to do with it though, in my honest opinion. People still can say things they don't mean, even when they've been drinking. I'm not saying he doesn't have strong feelings for you though, don't get me wrong. I just highly doubt it's really "love" at this point, so early in the relationship.

What Guys Said 9

• He really really likes you,.. and you both should be honest and open about it. I have fallen for people instantly before... they usually don't feel the same but it really boils down to he really likes you right now... and he was drunk.

• Ha-ha. I had that told to me by 2 girls after 2-3 days. Moral of the story? They turned out to be bat shit crazy, not that I was surprised.

The "I love you" line after couples of days or weeks is a major red flag, at least for me. When someone uses this line you know there full of shit.

• Yikes. LOL

I don't think it needs to be a dealbreaker (unless you feel that way, of course), but it's kinda strange. You definitey need to talk to him about it.

• Ehhhh that's a little quick to the punch there...

• hahahaha maybe he said like he loves the way you are and your personality, but not love love you? You know when guys do it to their friend and they are like "Iiiii love you maaaaaaaaaaaan!'"

• Lol classic shmosby.

• That is very weird. LOL you got yourself a stage 27 beta male.

• That is super weird. Giant red flag

• Why?

• That is way too soon to say I love you. It also shows insecurity on their part that they have to say it so soon

• Possibly buttt, maybe he feels it. Can't put a time limit on love, right?

What Girls Said 10

• No its not weird. Tell u why? Because he doesn't realise the meaning those 3 words hold.
    Plenty of men like that.

• Yes he falls to quickly.

• I'd find that a bit odd tbh.

• It is very weird. You can not get to know someone well enough within a week to be in love with them. It takes time and a lot of effort to know someone well enough to fall for them. People often confuse lust with love.

• Very, from my experience a guy told me he does it because females like to hear it. And most times he said he even had sex with them, knowing sex was only what he wanted. My opinion complete dumb ass but guys do use it as running game I guess.

• I don't see it weird

• Unless you've know him as a friend a long time, yeah it's weird. Very weird.

• very :x ABORT!!!

• id say things went a little fast

• you explain why he said something like that too so what's the question :D

• What?

• he said it when he was drunk and for me the things which people say when they are drunk are generally weird :) so this is weird too. But you should give some time to your relationship. Time will solve all the doubts in your mind :)