Can you be in love at 16/17?

Most Helpful Guy

• Having been there before and looking back at it from where I am , I say it was inflated infatuation not so much Love

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• You see couples who stayed together after meeting in school - Question were they in love in high school - I suppose only answer is to ask somebody in that position.

• Yes! That's definitely a decent age to fall in love!

• I would say that you can be in love at any age, but who knows what love is?

• Could be, but it's rare.

• Research shows teen relationships are some of the most meaningful relationships you will have. They stick with you for life.

• Puppy love is like 14, so yeah.

• Depends on your level of emotional intelligence.

I was just obsessed when I was 17. I don't think I was mature enough to be capable of love. But my lack of maturity at that time is not universal, hopefully.

• No, not real love. It is either just the fleeting "puppy love" or it is lust.

But then again, we all know nothing at that age. It is then that we start to experience relationships and experiment. Only after so much of that can we come closer to understanding real love as adults.

• Certainly possible but not likely.
    I learned what love truly was at 18, before that i had no clue.

Its more likely to be infatuation at that age.

• no way lol

• I suppose you could.

• It is absolutely possible to be in love at 16/17. Think of it this way... What's wrong with being kid and enjoying that time of your life and save those adult things for when you are an adult. You will never get that time back and taking on those kind of commitments at a young age can cause resentment and regret. Two things that will kill that love and cause much depression.

• Yes. Your brain works, doesn't it?

• Not likely its hormones raging at that age as a rule of tumb mature age =genuine love

What Girls Said 14

• No not really!

• Well I am so I would think so :)

• I was. And I still love him even though we haven't spoken in 4 years.

• I think so.

• Absolutely :)

• yes i think im in love and im 15 almost 16

• id say its possible but not probable... teens have to deal with an increase of hormones so you're feeling everything waaaayy more intense than it should be.

• yes, definitely, some people even get married to their hight school sweethearts and stay married until they die

• For a short time yes

• Love can happen at any age :)

• I think it all depends on the maturity level of the person, if they are taking the relationship maturely like adults/ young adults. Like I see some relationships at school that are ridiculous and others that I could see getting married. Really depends on the people and seriousness of the relationship.

• Love knows no boundaries! Age is just a number!

It probs isn't marriage love but it's something.

• yes you can

• Yes. . : g jb