What does the "I want to stay single" line really mean?

She recently got out of a bad relationship and we became close very fast. She initiated everything with me and was acting like she liked me, but she told me that she wants to stay single and work on herself for a little while, and when one of my friends accidentally told her that I like her she said the same thing. I'm taking it as rejection but I'm not exactly giving up. Just putting her on the back burner. Im planning on telling her my intentions the next time I see her and letting her know that I'm not going to pursue her unless she gives my a green light, but is there even a chance or do you think this is rejection?

• Yea this is a nice way of rejection
  • You have a chance. Don't stop pursuing her!
  • You have a chance, but keep her on the back burner for now.

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand where she is coming from as I am in the same place. It does not mean that you need to put her on the back burner. You can still pursue her and let your intentions be known and maybe explain to her that when she is ready; you would be interested in having a relationship with her. If she likes you, she will get her affairs in order and be with you.

• I hope but I don't know. She had a shitty relationship and ended up cheating on her ex (no sex, just kissing) so she feels pretty bad about it and she only told me about this, but not her friends which is odd. I take cheating as a red flag but her relationship was already dead from what I have heard and I think that is what's bothering her because I am very similar career wise and body wise to her ex (idk about personality). I'm just being passive at this point and not really expecting much.

• I'm restricted from private messaging you because your profile is private, but I followed you. It's Albinoninja66.

• Il message you

Most Helpful Guy

• Play your cards right and friends with benefits is still on the table.

What Girls Said 3

• You should ask her this: I know that you're struggling now but I want to know if there's anyway we could be more than friends in the future. That'd be the best way for you to know if she's actually rejecting you or is being honest.

• That's what I'm planning on doing. Just telling her that I'm available, but she has to initiate it when she's ready because I'm not going to wait on her when there isn't even much of a chance.

• I have to wait for 3 weeks though due to the holidays. Ugh

• Then call her! I have to call my crush to tell him I like him because I postponed it and now he thinks I never was interested in him. Don't rush, but do it soon.

• It could simply be something personal it doesn't have to even about you!

• I actually think that this relationship will never work SORRY 😿😿😿

What Guys Said 4

• Don't pursue her at all. Let her come to you and then play it cool.

Don't tell her how you feel.

• Thats what I'm doing right now. She still approaches me and generally acts the same.

• Well she also knows how I feel anyways because my friend is an idiot and told her.

• It's simple means he has made a decision to remain single and as long and that line also indicates his will power. He is single for a reason, the reasons that are best known to him and he won't change that unless he believes it's right, so he wants you to understand that and leave him alone.

• if she just got out of a relationship im sure she wants to enjoy her new found freedom for a while. doesn't mean she doesn't like you just means she likes her space. wait until she is ready for another relationship

• she wants to ride the cock carosel

• Lol one of my not so nice theories.