How frequently do you text when getting to know someone?

If texting is the easiest and/or only method you have for getting to know them?

Bonus question: after how many days of texting do you suggest trying to meet up?

😁😁😁😁😁😁

• A few hours in the day for a few days
  • Every other day, short conversations
  • Once or twice a week

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no fixed plan for response - I would let the girl control the pace - I think people my generation not born in the instant constant communication era do not obsess over how often or how long since last text.
    I would let it take form of a text conversation, if she sent a text I would respond, I might also ask for a message app because sometimes I like sending longer messages.
    When you do you ask for the meet - I would watch for the natural evolution of the communication and if the chemistry was right I might broach the subject, putting a time on it would not be right because the people who text/message 5 times a day will feel they know each other more than those who text/message every other day.
    I know it sounds so simple and believe me sometimes I wished I took my own advice - Go with your gut instinct, if it feels right, make a move, it won't kill you if you are knocked back.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me its more just texts here and there during the day, not hours. If im spending hours then im either on the phone or skyping. =]

What Guys Said 6

• Honestly I hate texting, haven't sent a single text in about 5 years, back when I did though I texted them regularly you know 1-2 times a day or whenever they sent me something, as meeting with them well I had already met them beforehand otherwise I wouldn't have their number.

• Not a texting fan, I would much rather speak on the phone.

• Me too. Texting is easy to hide something if you have something to hide

• I text everyday, even if it is something lighthearted and funny. Texting is way too easy and convenient NOT to text everyday!

If she gets turned off, then she isn't a match for me anyways.

• I hate texting, and I hate that it is almost obligatory with most girls these days.

• Once or twice a week

lets start it

• Who you texting?

I don't even think about that shit. I just text the girl when she text me and I see it. That's all there is to it. When do I ask to meet up? I just go by feeling. I don't think about it.

• You over think a shit ton.

• Some guy from okcupid.

And yep, I do. But I'm just curious about this one, I expect there to be a fairly big gender divide.

• Oh.

I didn't vote so I guess I won't see that. People overthink interactions like that. I'm just fully honest. She text me. I text back. When it pops up in my head that I'm feeling her and we should meet then I ask it. I don't like have a timetable or anything.

What Girls Said 1

• I never text first I let the do the chase and I answer 30 min later. So he doesn't think I'm desperate waiting for his text... Probably I am but I won't let him know that.