Why am I not attracted to the good guys?

My current boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 years today. He said to me, "what, are we celebrating anniversaries now?" He was a complete jerk! He almost always talks to me with this rude, condescending tone and I feel like he hates me and has no respect for me. He is having trouble with his family but no need to take it out on me! I asked him to just touch me last night and he woke up yelling at me. It's all really sad and I feel neglected and abused. I am like a battered shell of a woman :.( I recently met some guys at work that were dying to take me out and told me they would treat me like a queen! Why am I not attracted to this type?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be hard to find a person with a compatible personality (treating you nice included) while feeling physical attraction. Also those guys may say they'd treate you well but I bet your boyfriend did at first as well. Those guys may not treat you well after years of being together though.

It's possible you may feel bored when in a relationship where the overall energy is emotionally stable. You may find people with negative attitudes more exciting or interesting. As you get older your preferences may change though. You questioning your overall satisfaction in your current relationship could be a sign of you trying to learn and make an effort to grow out of your current situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because what you have now is what you are use to, it's "normal" for you and being treated nice for once maybe seems alien or maybe even scares you a little because you're not use to being appreciated, look you deserve more than what you have now, you owe it to yourself.

What Guys Said 19

• Because attraction is initially physical, and those other guys seem to not interest you physically. Not everyone has an attractive face, so that's not surprising.

Although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put up with someone yelling at me, no matter how pretty their face is.

• You are just a classic example of the stereotypical girl who is attracted to jerks.

Maybe it's some issue you have. You need to dump this asshole. Think about dating the good guys later. First thing is to get out of this unhealthy relationship.

• we ask why women do that too.

• It's because you have no love for yourself, you have no self esteem and no respect for yourself. You lost your dignity long ago and your boyfriend is representative of what you are and what you deserve.

Birds of a feather flock together.

• Because of low self esteem and you don't think you deserve happiness

• What I notice with girls id that they somehow think that they are the one that will change the bad guy into the good guy. It is some sort of a challenge. I noticed this with almost every girlfriend I ever had.

Can't say this true for you but I do think you should consider this point of view.

• i dont need to read your essay.

you're typical lol

good guys aren't the best looking just like attractive women are dumb and have a shitty selfish personality

both are empowered but the man uses it to get pussy and the girl will get a mans resources..

samne old whats new?

• If your aware of the way your being treated,.. and you know your looking at the wrong types of people. Only you can change that. I'm an attractive nice guy,... I dont get very many dates because I am a nice guy,... so,... I suppose it's up to you to do soul searching and figure out why your attracted to someone that treats you wrong. It may be simply that you don't feel you deserve better. But the answer lies in you,.. and you should definitely get out of a relationship that makes you unhappy if they won't work to change.

• Dump him, find a good guy that is attractive and date him. Don't rush in to another relationship or settle for an unattractive good guy because you'll go right back to the pricks.

• Because in ancient times, all the women that were attracted to "good guys" were killed off.

• Because guys like me and your boyfriend get your juices going.

• Stay with the bad guy, bad guys need love too.

• Deep down you don't feel you're worth being treated well.

• I just don't get it.

• it's not about good guys, but ugly guys.

have you ever cheated on him? Be honest.

• because a guy can be a troll and an asshole. all hot girls go for them.

• Because you're a dumbass.

• because you are stupid and mentally disabled.

• Probably because you aren't a good girl. You clearly have issues and that's why you go after the bad guys.

What Girls Said 6

• You're emotionally unstable and so are the jerks abuser. Hence the old saying ''Birds of a feather flock together''.

• What has attracted him to you in the first place? Was it his personality or his body> Was he this way when you first started going out? Are the guys at work pushovers?

• It's that you are not attractive to nice guys, it's because you have low self worth. Most women would dump this guy after 3 months max, not 3 years.

boardofwisdom.com/.../563196.png

• Because secretly your insecure!

• Dump ur boyfriend he is an ass

• Just because a guy says he will treat you like a queen does not mean he will

• Well, expecting to be treated like a queen is pretty unhealthy

• @ArtDent What she meant is when a guy claims he will treat you like a queen it's a "red flag".

• @Goldie757 I'm glad that's a red flag