How to get over an ex who keeps popping back in every couple months?

I dated this guy for 2 years on and off and have been in love with him since I met him. He's treated me so poorly but I always seem to forgive him. I'm just sick of letting him into my life when its convenient for him, only to have him stop replying to my texts/calls and stop making an effort after a couple weeks of constant communication. He always reaches out to me first it seems like, reels me in and then just cuts me off & leaves me hanging. I've tried dating other guys but I can't seem to get over him. I went to the mall today and bought him a reasonably pricey Christmas gift, but then i got home i felt overwhelmed with anxiety just thinking about the fact that Its typical of me to go out of my way to do nice things for him, to see him smile and make him feel appreciated yet, I know he will never ever do the same for me in return.. How do it cut this guy out? I've tried so hard and I hate myself for letting him do this to me, he only talks to me when he needs something or when he's bored it seems like.

Most Helpful Guy

• www.lovethispic.com/.../62077-Just-Let-Go.jpg

You just have to let it go. When he calls don't answer, when he texts don't respond. You already know the routine and you know how this story ends so next time don't pick up the book and start reading. Take control of the situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• You tell him once and for all that it's over and that you can't be that person for him anymore because you are the one left hurting. Tell him you're over it and want to move on with your life. Then you block his number and move the hell on! Remember how he treated you when you miss him.

Blocking him is the only way as that gives you the finality that you need in order to realize it's over and done with and that you can't go back.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You're young. RUN! Block him and start healing.