Should I give him another chance?

OK, so I've known this guy for about 4-5 years now. he's on the same swim team as me. we've been only friends.. until last summer, when he started showing interest. so we started talking, and we dated for about a month. he broke up with me because of the distance... we live 30 mins away. but when he broke up with me he said lets just wait until swim season starts again, and then we can try dating again. He had a new girlfriend a week after he broke up with me. this lasted about a month..

After he broke up with that girlfriend, he started talking to me again, saying how much he missed me, and that he wanted to hang out. so I gave him another chance. We went to a basketball game, and he asked me out again. I said yes. everything was going good... for a week. when he broke up with me again.. he told me that he was just having a good time at the game, and that he still wanted to wait until our swim season started...

That was about a month ago. we still talk every day, and almost every time, he says he misses me. we have two weeks until our season starts together. today, we went to the movies together. he said that he had a really good time, and that he wants me to come over next weekend... should I give him another chance? or am I being too forgiving with him? help!

Most Helpful Guy

• You're being way too forgiving!

"but when he broke up with me he said lets just wait untill swim season starts agian, and then we can try dating agian. He had a new girlfriend a week after he broke up with me. this lasted about a month.."

He's an inherent liar. Stay away from him like the plague. Good, honest guys don't pull things like this, no matter how sweet or charming they may be. They will come up to you, straight up and say they are interested in another woman.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't even give him e chance, it seems this guy doesn't now what he wants and kis making up excuses to not date you and stay committed. The most likely option is that he is keeping himself available and having you as a fallback.

Its pretty common and a huge d*** move...so I wouldn't bother it seems like even if you do give him another chance it won't last very long.

Srry, goodluck

What Girls Said 1

• noo...i don't think you should he keeps breaking up with you for a reason...you seem to be his rebound