27 year age gap?

I'm dating a guy that is 27 years older than I am. I'm 21 and he is 48. I feel totally comfortable with him - he doesn't look 48 and I don't feel like I'm dating someone older. We just have a lot in common, plus he's ready to settle down - something a lot of guys my age usually don't want.

I've only introduced him to my best friend so far and I'm kinda scared to introduce him to my mom and dad. It's just... i don't know. I'm worried about how they'd react.

How would you react if your best friend introduced you to her 48 year old boyfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Im 47, so I'm old enough to be your father or, apparently, your boyfriend. If I were your father I would be very upset. There seem to be a bunch of girls your age who seem to think a relationship with this big an age disparity will work, but it won't. I understand that he is willing and able to give you the things you want, but in 20 years he won't. The oldest you should go would be 28, using the -7 then double rule.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you two got along well and really liked each other, great!

What Guys Said 4

• I'd be really skeptical of him. If one of my sisters brought a 48 year old man home, he'd be out of the house before his coat was off.

• aren't you dating him for resources?

how much does he spend on your a month?

• I'm not sure what you mean. I have a job, he as a job - we don't live together just yet. Obviously he pays whenever we go out, etc.

• thats why.

• St. Albert the Great put it best:

"Woman is less qualified for moral behavior... [woman] is a misbegotten man and has a faulty and defective nature in comparison with his. Therefore she is unsure in herself. What she herself cannot get, she seeks to obtain through lying and diabolical deceptions. And so, to put it briefly, one must be on one's guard with every woman, as if she were a poisonous snake and the horned devil... In evil and perverse doings woman is cleverer, that is, slyer, than man. Her feelings drive woman toward every evil, just as reason impels man toward all good."

• Mm. As long as you're reasons are as pure as you state them, I'm fine with it.

• his a lawyer who own his firm. a top 1 percent earner.

• @truthhammer it's always interesting how young and charming, and how well hung and how well mannered you are when you make a lot of money.

• That's way too much of a difference, that should set off a red flag in both of your heads. The maturity level of the two is too different.

Besides, it sounds like you have daddy issues, even if you say you don't

What Girls Said 1

• Kind of weirded out at first since he nearly the age of my dad. But if he makes her happy im fine.