Do you think a Christian dating a Muslim would work?

Ever done it? Or know of it? What's your experience?

• No both religions would clash
  • Yes it's possible
  • Don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• They'll bump heads eventually, especially long-term. Plus, a "good Muslim woman" wouldn't date a Christian, because she knows the different backgrounds wouldn't work out, and her family wouldn't be too happy. The guys... well, they're allowed to date non-Muslims, as long as they're women who follow religion by the book, but if they were to have children the father would want them to follow his religion. Yet, times are changing, and today's generation are much more liberal with their decisions on who it is they talk to, but with all guarantee Family & Religion will become an issue with time.

Most Helpful Guy

• That German girl last January thought t would work like the stupid naive girl she was.
    In the end her beloved Turk boyfriend kidnapped her with his buddy took her to the forest, stabbed her in the belly to kill her unborn baby because the turkish family couldn't accept the baby of a German girl in the family and then they burned her alive. After that they went to the police to report her as missing but it seems they were nervous af and the police officer knew they are hiding something. So RIP to the dumb naive girl who thought that ''we are all the same'' and happy life in jail to the two turks.

What Girls Said 10

• Well one of my seniors in college was a Christian and she fell in love with her Muslim classmate. They fought with their parents for two years. The guy was on the verge of giving up but the girl remained stubborn. Finally, everything got sorted out and they got married and the best part is both get to keep their religion. The thing is, it depends on both ends. The thing is, it depends on the couple. If they're strong enough, they can do it. But not if you're from an Arab country or Afghanistan. Despite what movies say love is not worth dying for.

• I am christian and i'm dating a muslim, At first it was a bit hard because he would try to change my religion and believes but after talking with him that if our relationship was going to work he had to stop trying to change me, that i wouldn't change my ways and if he doesn't like that then too bad because that's just how I am. In the end he agreed and he stopped trying to change me and we continued our relationship. He sometimes he prays in front of me and read from the Que'an out loud and it doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother him when i pray and read the bible out loud, in the end we have a great relationship despite our different religion and we honestly don't care what others think or say about our relationship because we love each other, i'm not sure we would get married or anything but for now our relationship is stable and we are doing great but our parents think it's bad and stuff because of our religion but we pay no attention to them we just continue our relationship ( 3 years almost 4) because we like one another and we will remain together until either one thinks we should go our separate ways.

• It depends how religious each party is.
    If they are both open-minded and come from families with a more liberal mindset it could work out.

But muslims as a whole tend to be more on the religious side. Passing on the religionn is very important to them. So often, they will insist that the kids be raised muslim. That's why it's forbidden for a muslim woman to marry outside her religion because they believe religion is inherited from the father.

So it's concerning kids where the conflict usually arises and why most such relationship i've seen and read about don't work out.

• It's worked for quite a lot of people, I'm sure.

• One of my ex was a catholic and the other was an atheist. I'm Muslim and the reason we broke up wasn't bc of religion bc I'm not super religious myself. However, for long term I have thought about it and it would be very hard to be with someone who doesn't understand or share the same religion. Not impossible, but difficult for long term.

Also just a warning, some Muslim families are crazy, even if the girl wants to be with you their family would never let her.

• Happens all the time. You just need to respect each other's views and see how to work with them. Usually people who are in inter-religious relationships are less religious anyway, so no problem.

• it's 2016~ if both respected each other's beliefs, there's no reason it couldn't work.

• Hang on we've still got a little bit of 2015 to finish haha

• In high school, I studied Religious Education my area of focus was Islam. I was able to find a marriage between a Muslim & Christian. Crazy enough the couple has two kids - based on the father's wishes the son is a Muslim & the daughter a Christian. Point is, tolerance & respect, just like interracial couples have to do.

• Religiously it wouldn't work, because it's not allowed in Islam. unless they are both muslim.

• As long as you two don't practice much or can compromise then it's okay.

• Explain what happens when kids come into picture.

• Compromise. Celebrate both religions. It's not like they have to choose one or another.

What Guys Said 11

• Ummm... Define "work."

Spiritually, they're incompatible.

Nominal/cultural Christians and Muslims stand a slightly better chance because neither of them actually have a connection to such faiths.

As a born again Christian, I just won't entertain a relationship with someone who isn't saved and equally yoked. What kind of life and family come from me going to church, bible study, and participating in ministries while my wife denies or persecutes the beliefs I hold as absolute truths? How would children fair?

A house divided cannot stand.

• I would not date a person who's ideals and value of life was so much different than mine

• Well i has happened for the last 1400 years. Generally I'd say it does.

It'd be like any other relationship. It depends on the couple. I've seen it work, haven't really seen it fail but that's my experience.

Christians and Muslims are very diverse people. No two Christians are the same just like no two Muslims are the same. It's subjective.

• Everything is possible, if both put the effort into it - but at least a muslim woman would be doing something against her religion, so it would require emotions for each other stronger than her religious beliefs.

• Given the differences in ideologies and practices, as well as the current state of affairs between Christians and Muslims, I highly doubt it.

• Both will have to make a decision, what is more important, love or religion?

• It has worked, but not all of course

• No, it would work. I see Muslims and Christians dating all the time. If you mean religious Muslim and religious Christian, then I doubt it. Religion never fails to tell people to stick to their own.

• As a Christian, I'd never do it. However, it would probably work.

• "All you need is love"

• You're talking about the two most close-minded groups in the world, so I doubt it very much.