Age gap - when is it too much?

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 32. Is it too much of an age gap?

Most Helpful Guy

• Been there done that. If it works don't worry.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• No, not really. Not much bigger than my current relationship that has been going on for 11 years now. And it would be held up as an exemplar of a strong relationship, stronger than the relationships of any of our friends, that's for sure.

If two people click, they click. If they like the same things, like each others company, have similar values and goals, then the age gap doesn't mean anything. I know guys in their mid-30s that are essentially just giant man-children. I know girls in their early 20s that already have their shit together and know what they want and how to get there.

In a general sense, using everyone in the world as a giant generalization, then most people that are 32 will not get along great with most people that are 18. But when it comes down to individuals, the generalizations are meaningless, and there are obviously cases where that can work. It won't always work, but a relationship between two 18 years olds also won't always work.

• Yeah bro. That's strange. The maturity level between a 32 year old man and 18 year old girl is HUGE. something is off with your boyfriend.

• what could be "off" with him?

• He's the only guy who really wanted to date me during my whole life.
      I'm not ugly nor dumb nor annoying, it just... never worked out. No empathy or sexual chemistry whatsoever.
      Yes I do like this guy because we like the same things. Because he makes me have a great time. But I feel a little embarrassed for dating a much older guy. But I don't know if breaking up would be the solution, if we make each other happy...

• I'm not saying you are.. I'm sure you are great. Just take it easy man. I hate to sound like a grandpa because I'm not much older than you but your just really young and your hormones are taking control. Just know in the back of your head that there is a huge red flag. So I wouldn't get emotionally invested. It's only a matter of time to those issues arise up which will be pretty soon.

• Now it seems like a lot. But when you are 30, he will be 44. Doesn't seem like that then.

• It's a bit fucked, tbh.

I can see a 32 year old banging an 18 year old on the side every now and then, but him actually wanting to put up with an 18 year old's bullshit? I'm 23 and I hate talking to 18 year old girls, ffs. Typically I don't think twice about age gaps, but a 14 year age gap? This guy was busting his first nut in a girl while you were coming out of the womb.

You do what you've got to do, but I'm questioning the sanity/mentality of your boyfriend.

What Girls Said 10

• Hm, well it really depends where you are at in your life, and if you both are on the same page, I'm only a couple years older than you and my boyfriend is about to turn 33 end of the month and we seem to be on the same page, however he does have his life together way more than I do, as I'm still in school.

• Wow. He's a pedo.

Just kidding. Lol. You're both of age. I don't care nor do I think it is too much. You could be 18 and he could 65... not a problem. You're both adults.

• For a bit of fun no. For a serious relationship yes.

• He only wants sex. I'm 99% certain of this.

• It's actually the opposite XD I basically want an experienced guy that gives me multiple orgasms while he's pretty much in love and introducing me to friends/family and blah blah.

• Well, then you're the player and I suggest you stop. Tell him that you're not serious about it.

Which shouldn't come as a surprise. Young people are rarely serious about relationships and not looking for love or to settle down. This is a big reason why I don't date younger men.
      This older guy should have known better than to go for a really young girl who has her life of slutting it up ahead of her

• Lmao, that's so what's up!

• They say age is just a number and it doesn't matter in love. But I don't agree with it. Age does matter. And I think that's a huge age gap between you and your boyfriend. But if you guys are still together after you're 20s it won't matter anymore.

• How long have you two dated?

• we started dating a little more than a week ago

• Omg I'm in the same boat as you. I'm dating this guy ten years older than me and all I want is his heart. Once I get it, I'm gonna give it to him. Such a coincidence.

• Yes I think anything more than 7 is too much, but that's personal preference. Imagine a baby and a 14 year old 0.0

• Age gap is too long

• that's more than 10 yrs!

• I would say so. The guy is almost old enough to be your dad.