What does being exclusive mean?

I recently went on a few dates with a guy that I met online. On our first date he said something like he's likes companionship and relationships, but he's also okay with just making new friends as well. He also said that if he likes someone, he likes to date just that person, not multiple people. But I was confused because he asked if I wanted to see his apartment after-I refused because it seemed like such a hook-up thing to do.

Second date I met his friends and it was fun. He kept saying things like "we should see this movie" and "you should take me to San Diego the next time you go." He was clear that he likes me and was happy that he'd met me.

Third date we had dinner and I saw his apartment after. We made out, and he said we could take it slow if I wanted to. We didn't have sex because I had to go, but I asked him if he was using the dating app to hook up. He said no, and that he would like to date me exclusively.

I left after that, and I won't be seeing him for two weeks because he's flying out of state for the holidays. He wants to see me when he's back.

So now I'm wondering what he means by being exclusive, and didn't this happen too fast? Was he rushing because he was leaving soon?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being exclusive is seeing only that person and not anyone else, kind of like dating but not officially. Just means you both ain't trying to see anyone else but each other. Depending on how long you guys been seeing each other, it might be a little bit fast, especially if you are trying to get to know him better.

Most Helpful Girl

• It means you don't date anyone else besides each other.

What Guys Said 1

• It means you're locked down. Your his and he's yours, everybody else is third party

What Girls Said 1

• Doesn't that mean you two are together now? You might have to talk to him about it.