Me and my friend like the same girl he called dibs on a girl but he is not making any moves. What should I do?

So awhile back both me and my friend met a girl. I hit it off with her but my friend also liked her. after talking to him about it he called dibs and I backed off. It has been a month since then and I have hung out with both of them multiple times since then. After hanging out with her a few times and going on a group camping trip I have began gaining more interest in her. Every time we hang out I have also noticed that she is into me from the way she acts ie. the way she talks to me and her always trying to touch me/ cuddle with me. Although out of respect for my friend have been trying to back off. But what annoys me about this is all this is all this time I have been backing off he has not tried to take her out on a date, or try to hang out with her alone. Only time they hang out is when they are in the group and I'm usually there as well. I know he text her a lot but he has not made any real moves even when we all hang out he doesn't try anything with her like hold her or flirt with her. Although when hanging out I can tell he really likes her. From the way he always stands around her or follow her or the way he looks at me when she tries to cuddle with me. So at this point I don't know what to do im starting to like this girl but I value my friendship as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't call dibs on a girl, they aren't a thing for you to own but a person with feelings just like you and your friend, i think your friend isn't too great for doing that, i think you need to find out who she actually likes too instead of fighting over her, she has expressed interest in you so i think talk to your friend, explain how she has expressed more interest in you and that maybe it's possible she doesn't actually have any interest in him, nether of you for sure know who she's really interested in, so i think to settle things you need to ask her who she is interested in otherwise how will you know which of you she really likes? yes she has expressed interest in you but you never know until you ask.

Most Helpful Guy

• How can you call dibs on a girl? It goes by whoever makes the first move win!

What Girls Said 5

• Well really you cannot call dibs on a girl unless that girl is your girlfriend in my opinion.

The thing is, she has a choice too. And if you are all single she can date any one of you.

I admire your respect for your friend though. Maybe you need to talk to him again? If he isn't making a move and she isn't seeming interested in him, then maybe you will be able to start seeing her?

• Lol. Tell him to make a move on her because its unfair to put you in this position.

• Tell him to make a move or you're going to.

• You need to get your buddy, order y'all a pizza, and remember: bros before hoes.

• Maybe let her decide instead of treating her like an object...

What Guys Said 1

• Talk to your friend and tell him if he don't make a move you're going to. If that don't make him try a move on her, go ahead and pull the first move.