How long does the honeymoon phase last?

Any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• Different for different people. Often it depends on what all is going on in the lives of the people you are talking about. Work, extended family, health, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• The length of the honeymoon period depends on each couple. How their work schedules line up, any other of their time commitments, how stressed out they generally are, etc., on top of how open both are to some compromise to help make things between them work out.

It's generally said to last 3-4 months before the rose-coloured glasses come off. It doesn't necessarily need to end at all though... my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years and still feels like we're pretty darn close to being in the honeymoon period. :)

What Guys Said 6

• 2 years maximum , though certain things can speed it up

divorce times are around 4 years across all cultures. Muslim countries tends to be 2 years

• "Muslim countries tends to be 2 years"

Lol and where did you get these numbers from?

• The countries with the lowest divorce rate (Lybia) as well as the highest divorce rate (Maldives) in the world are both Muslim countries.
      So I fail to understand the logic there, as if all Muslim countries had the same laws or same tendencies.

Also, other Muslim countries in general have a significantly lower divorce rate than most European countries, Russia, and North America.

Perhaps, the writer meant that when it does indeed occur it is easier to get divorced in some particular Muslim countries, which would be an interesting point as to why other couples from countries where divorce is harder to arrange last a bit longer.

Nonetheless thanks for the reference.

• @DocRim Im sure when you generalize statistics the average is what you base it on. Good find tho

• i was married 22 years, and sexually we were always ravenous

• (Number of Cruise Days x 1.5 years) / Serious Fights

• Like a month or 2🙂

• I think a week can exist.

• Few years I guess, depends how long you knew them before marrying them

What Girls Said 4

• As long as you want!

• For me i dont think there's such thing.

• I think that you can make it last for as long as you want

If you keep working on the relationship and igniting the romance from time to time, it can last...

• That is a hard call. I've seen couples together/married for years who act like teenagers and can't keep their hands off each other.