Why do some people play with others feelings?

I met someone on a dating site that gave me every indication that we were on our way to spending the rest of our lives together. We seemed to have all of the most important ingredients such as chemistry, communication and mutual respect. We shared many interests and our personalities really fit well together. We never even had a disagreement. then 1 day after 6 monthes of dating she broke it off without any reason or remorse. Afterword I found out that she was dating other men and never had any intention of having anything with me. What was hardest for me to understand the effort that she put into deceiving me and never felt guilty or remorsful about breaking my heart. She knew how I felt about her and she lead me down a dead end street. Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly can't wrap my head around why people do that. in my opinion there is no justification. She should have been honest with you from day 1 that she had no intention to stop seeing other people.

I was in a similar situation with a guy I had dated for over a year. We were together and things were going really well. He was really good to me at first. We agreed to date each other exclusively, and then he became more comfortable in the relationship.

A little bit over a year after we started seeing each other, I found out he had an active dating profile. He completely denies it, of course, but it's there. A friend of mine talked to him and found out he had been seeing other women at the same time as me :( I was devastated.

I have no idea what goes through other people's heads that justifies this type of behaviour to them. He made me think we were going to be together for a long time. He talked with me about moving in together, kept asking me to move closer. But the whole time he had been seeing other women.

Makes no sense to me. And in my opinion there is no excuse. Intentionally lying and deceiving someone is one of the worst things a person can do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people are very shallow and unfeeling. They can create great deceptions and they treat dating as a game. I don't know that there is any way to spot them and avoid what you survived but that is definitely the worst part of dating - being intentionally deceived.

• She was defineatly practiced without any remorse.

• If she was just using you for her personal gain and sex was one of her means of leading you down the primrose path, then there are names that you call such a woman. None of the names are very flattering!

What Girls Said 7

• Oh my god i just asked this question too!
    I have never done it, im always the one who got played many times and always wanted to know the answer myself.
    I'm sorry to hear about you though. Not all females are like that.

• Sadly I think it is just human nature, but not all people do it.

• Did you spend time together other than on the Internet?

• We dated and spent time together we did a lot of special memorable things together.

• I don't know why people just tend to lead people on.

• Just the way it is. I have no explanation for it.

• First off, I am very sorry to hear this. I have been in the same situation many times before with online dating. I think it is wrong for someone to do that to another person that has feelings for them. I have no real explanation for why people do this, other than they are cowards and maybe feel that they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings; especially that of someone that loves them. So, they lead them on, until they meet someone they want and then they break up with the nice guy that truly loves them. It is terrible and I know women that do this. I find it disgraceful. Men have done this to me too. You will find a woman that loves you and that is worth your time. Keep looking my friend and the right woman will come along.

• There's lots of selfish people who are only looking out for their own happiness. She was obviously only using you as an option. Some people have such disregard for other people's feelings. They'll always be like with everyone.

Most people are only loyal to their needs once their needs change so do their loyalties. I would never date anyone online most people online keeps their options open. You'll not be exclusive to them

• I would not expect that anyone be exclusive unless that is what I'm told. She made sure to keep me on the hook all the while doing what she wanted. I should have gotten the same opportunity.

• There are way too many reasons. Once of them is that they enjoy the attention they get from them. They view the whole process as a game.

What Guys Said 2

• some play hard to get and fail
    some use others to get a certain feeling
    some use others to 'get someone else'

• Why do people play with any toy?