I don't know if my boyfriend is cheating or not?

First off, I want to say that I have been with him for five years and I have never once doubted him before this point. He recently got a new job (3 weeks ago) and since that point he has been acting really strange. Examples:
1) He's been turning me down. Everytime I try having sex he will say things like "I have work in the morning". This never once stopped him before.
2) He never used to be on his phone a lot but now he's attached to it. He never sets it down and if he does, he makes sure its within his eye sight and he's been sleeping with it plugged in underneath his pillow. He claims he does this so that he will hear his alarm go off..
3) He's been nonstop talking about this younger woman who works with him. Everyday he will come home talking about her. When I change the subject he will seem uninterested and the conversation always falls back to this girl. He claims she is 16 (I'm assuming its to make it so I trust him with her) but my friend who works there has told me that the youngest girl that works there is 20, so he's lying to me. When I ask him why he speaks of her so often he gets mad at me and tells me to stop.
4) if I walk by him and he has his phone out, he will turn the phone so that I don't see what's on the page or he will exit out of it quickly.

I don't know if he is cheating or not. But I'm questioning it now more so than ever. Should I try to sneak a peak at his phone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Something is definitely up. It might be that this new job is just more stress then he is used to, and he might have company stuff on his phone that he can't share. If that isn't the case then you might be correct.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's lying to you about her being younger than she is, then he may be trying to fool you into thinking that because she's 16, he couldn't possibly want anything to do with her sexually. I'd be very suspicious if I were you. Tell him that you know he's lying about her age and see what happens.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds like something is up. Whether he has cheated or they are just talking is unclear but it sounds to me even if you confront him, nothing will change.

Leave. Give him a chance to talk and when he doesn't, leave. You deserve better than that, if he wants to mess around with a 20 year old and lie that's his problem, but starting a relationship on lies never ends well.

• Have you told him you know she's 20?

• Yes I have. He responded with "Well I was under the impression she was only 16 because she looks much younger."

• there's definitely something going on. it does sound like he's cheating. so you should probably straight up ask him if he's cheating or something he probably doesn't deserve you

• Just ask him and see what he says. Tell him what you told us. If he has a guilty response or look, then you probably know your answer.

• I've asked and it has gotten me no where. He will just tell me to stop and that I'm taking something that's nothing and trying to turn it into something.

• Tell him that his actions are making you question your relationship, and you would like to figure everything out so you two can more forward.