Would you still date someone even if your parents didn't like/approve of them?

Would you still date someone even if your parents didn't like/approve of them? Why?

0|0
7|7

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends why. They might have a legitimate reason to dislike/disapprove. Or they might have a bad reason. If I brought a girl home, my mom wouldn't approve at all, and honestly I wouldn't let that stop me. But if my mom/dad noticed a major character flaw that I'd either missed or tried to ignore (which has happened), then I'll take that into very serious consideration.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• First of all as I always say I never want to date in my lifetime, but for the purpose of answering your question, even if I am to assume that I decide to date someone, this will be my answer:

I am an adult. I am a modern man and yes I know what I want in life, I really don't need my parents acceptance to date someone, I don't really need my parents approval to date someone. Hence it's all my decision, it's my life so only I can decide if I want to date or not to date, if I decide to date then I will date that person irrespective to what my parents will think about me. If my parents want to stop talking to me, they can. I just don't care.

I will continue to do what I believe is logically right.

0|0
    0|0
  • It you were talking under age that could be a very complicated answer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would still date someone my parents did not approve i run my life not my parents

1|0
    0|0
  • My parents don't even approve of me so yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Hells yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yea dont care about parents

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Yup. I don't do much, so I should be able to date whoever I want. And I will, they can't boss me around completely

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would love him anymore!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea for another few weeks, then I'm going to realize that its not going to work, then after this I'm gonna find an excuse to not be with him anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course but I would consider why they don't approve of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am an idiot, so yes I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say no because I'm very close with my family. However the family of my boyfriend hates me but it doesn't stop us. But he isn't close with his family and because of the way they treat him I don't care either.

0|0
    0|0