How do I tell this girl that I don't want to date anymore?

There's this girl who I'm "dating". First we agreed that we are dating and can't see other people, and later we decided that we are casually dating, and we can see other people. Not really sure if its dating if were seeing other people... but anyway, needless to say there has been confusion. There has been a lot of comunication problems, she has been hot and cold on me, and sometimes she does stuff that seems downright disrepectful. So I'm feeling like I'm not that interested in "dating" anymore. The question is, do I need to talk to her and explicitly say that I don't want to date, or do I just let it go? Again this is causal dating in high school. We go on "dates" sometimes but nothing really romantic or anthing. I'm also interested in this other girl, I wanted to go with her to see a movie... but I can't decide if that would be a bad idea right now.

Thank you,

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should tell her so that everything would be clear, and also if you don't, this might mess your chances with that girl u like now, she may think you're a player.

What Girls Said 3

• It's always good to be up front and clear the air. Ambiguity will often lead to hurt feelings, so just tell her you don't want to date.

It's far better to tell her unnecessarily, then to not tell her when you should have.

• Yeah be up front always.

• Tell her that it just isn't working out. For two reasons:1) Be the better man; she may be disrespectful but that doesn't mean you should lower yourself to her level. And 2) You don't want a reputation for being a jerk to get around, if you like another girl (and you don't want this girl to come back and complicate that for you).

What Guys Said 2

• Since it's casual, you have no obligation to inform her of your disinterest BUT do tell her when she contacts you next time.

• Why tell her?

• @ArtDent dude, chill.

And I never said that he absolutely has to do it. Just that it's the nice thing to do. Even if she herself isn't as such, doesn't mean he doesn't have to be. No need for him to fall to her level.

• Well why did I have to ask three times why he should tell her? Yes, he would be 'the bigger person' if he told her, then again, maybe it would benefit her to have a little taste of her own medicine. And maybe it would benefit men she comes into contact in the future, assuming she has the ability to learn something.

• If she's running hot and cold and being disrespectful then you don't even owe her a goodbye