Would you walk out on someone because of his/her religion?

• yes
  • no
  • it depends

Most Helpful Guy

• I won't date someone that is a Jew or a Muslim, so I wouldn't have to walk out on those women because I won't date them full stop. I'm a Christian, so I'll date other Christians and I am open to dating Buddhists (not technically a religion), Hindu's and Sikh's.

• I'm catholic because i've been baptize. but are you a real religious person? At least most catholic aren't.

• I don't follow the Bible in its truest form because I find a lot of what is in the Bible to be out of touch with modern life, so I do cherry pick what I do and do not follow, but I recognize myself as being a Roman Catholic and I believe in God and Jesus is my saviour and my prophet.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they were overly religious and trying to convert me or ram their religion down my throat I would.

What Guys Said 12

• There are certain religions that I'd prefer not to get involved with, primarily Islam and Scientology.

Also anything that has to do with "abstinence" until "marriage" (Christianity and its subsets, including Jehovah's Witnesses and etc), or ones that endanger people's lives with rejection of for example blood transfusions (Jehovah's Witnesses),

and also any religion that tells you to mutilate the genitals of your children (typically the son's) like how it is in Jewish "culture".

I would just say

http://i.imgur.com/U7Hfw.gif

• Naww, I have a slightly odd belief myself. Besides, I find other religions rather fascinating, listening to people be excited when talking about their beliefs.

Furthermore, deciding to dislike someone/thing based on assumptions
    and hear-say feels kinda wrong.

• As long as they were willing to have "sex before marriage" I wouldn't. If not yeah... I'm gone #FuckThat LOL

• I don't care about ___ practicing a Religion, but most of the "religions" that I know of usually seem to have 1 golden rule. Which is "no sex before marriage" which is something that is so outdated to me because we have BC these days LOL.

• if they're awesome.. nahhhh.

• Depends. Cults or anything cult like is not my jam. Also I am not interested in very religious people.

• It depends how seriously they took their religion I guess. I didn't get involved with one lady because she was asking me details about my date of birth and the actual time of day I was born. This was so she could draw me up an astrology chart. LOL...

• It depends. I'm open to dating/marrying someone that has belief of a higher power. However, it may depend on her beliefs. After all, if her "religion" requires her to abuse me in the marriage in any and all ways in the most craziest ways, then that's something that I would have a problem with. To me, marriage and dating is a "equalness" between the two people. Nobody is "above" the other.

• Religion, no. Cult, yes.

• I'm not religious person though I respect every religion and I won't walk out tbh 💁

• I wouldn't even want to date a non-Christian.

• Yes, I am a practicing Catholic. I really don't care what you do/think. This is how I am.

• Hey, relax. I'm not judging you. It was only a comment about what is like for me. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. Chill.

• I like diversity

• Yeah the first girlfriend I had was a pretty committed Christian, I didn't know it when I first got with her but she believed in no sex before marriage and it was because she was religious. I moved on.

• but what if the guy comes from a religion like jewish. And jewish it's more a culture than a religion, and the kid needs to be born ffrom a jewish mother. My ex was jewish and it was great, he said he wasn't religious but he stilll followed up his religion like traditions, etc and he was always asking if I was willing to become jewish. So, the guy I like now, he is jewish as well.. and I'm concerned...

• I never said no but I never said yes.

• this is not helping either.

What Girls Said 5

• If I did decide to be with someone despite a different religious view then I wouldn't walk out on them unless they did or said something disrespectful towards my beliefs. With that said, I wouldn't date someone with a different religion to begin with.

• Leaving someone due to religious differences is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

• I try not to date outside my religion because of arguments.

I'm a Christian but I wouldn't mind dating a Jewish or Catholic man

• Yes, I would.

• if u can't believe in the lord why should I believe in u?

• Mostly because whatever you know about the lord is from a 2000 year old book with questionable sources?