Guys, what does it mean when a guy says he's not sure what he's looking for but then keeps contacting you?

I just started dating this new guy. He's in the area for the next 6 months. We've been on two dates and we slept together the next morning of the second date.

On the ride home he told me he wanted to be upfront with me that he just got out of a 5 year relationship and wasn't sure what he was or wasn't looking for.

A few days later I told him that, im not necessarily looking for a serious relationship but I know I'm not looking to just get laid. I told him I thought he should find someone who was on the same page as him.

He said that he didn't know what to say and that he was really bummed because he had a really fun time with me.

He continued to text me the next few days so today I told him again that I meant what I said. That it wasn't that I wasn't bummed too but that I didn't want to set myself up.

He told me he understood but that if he is ever in the area not to think that he isn't going to stop by to say hi.

If he isn't looking for anything and he's knows that I am, why won't he give it up?

2

What Guys Said 2

• He's not ready for a relationship, but he likes you.

So he's looking for a casual no-strings attached relationship. And that's ok. If you're not, then that's ok too. I'm glad he was upfront.

• It means you should be past the age of wanting a lif partner and realize what your market value is.

• Bc if my market value was high enough he wouldn't want no string attached?

• Yes that is correct