Should I be worried met this guy we're dating online but he dosent want to video chat should I be worried?

am i beign catfished

he said we would talk on camera both if us on new years but then he gets al ckeeky snd starts asking stuff i reject but he dosent get mad

Most Helpful Guy

• He could just be very shy or he may not be able to video chat due to not having a webcam. I'd just ask him to send you a recorded video of him saying something like on his phone or something that way you know who your dealing with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Most likely a catfish.
    Everyone has a webcam now. Computer or phone, it's not that hard to video chat.

What Guys Said 6

• Well that is a very possible that may be happening, as many many people on the net know that they can be anyone they want without a worry of being found out.. to me this practice is very low and very stupid to do to people.. I am 100 per cent male,
    very honest., and would never deceive no female even on the net.. I will if we hit it off tell her all about me.. including what I wear and why I wear them.. it is a part of my life for one thing..(no reason to hide that fact).. and two I do not like lying.. or being lied too

• he's probably shy af

• I used to do online tracing. If you like I could find out some info, just pm me his account details/number etc

• That's why you don't date online.

• maybe he's shy. if he can't webcam then ask him for a video of himself so u know it's really him.

• good idea thanks

• @gwail yeah, or she can ask him to say something on video or write his and her name on a piece of paper.

• hey @gwaii and opinion owner (Lol) thanks for the help these are really good idea im also going to ask some people for some help but i will try that idea

What Girls Said 7

• If a person you've only known via the internet doesn't want to video chatchat, 9 times out of 10 he's fake.

Sure, there's a chance he's just very insecure about his looks, but the reality is you can't catfish on a live cam feed unless you're doing the catfishing using your friend's pics and he's in on it.

If he's very handsome in his photos, but refuses to video chat - he is most likely a catfish.

• Yes!!.
    You don't know who is on the other side of the computer

• He could be tricking you but he could also be shy.

• he might be lying about his ageband doesn't want to get caught

• He may be shyy or is self conscious about his appearance. Idkk

• Not at all. I wouldn't video chat with a guy online and I'm a very honest and a genuine person. I wouldn't say chatting online is dating anyway.

• I would be worried, dating online is already tricky enough