He wants to date me but not in real life?

I met this guy online and we became really good friends.
Yesterday he told me he wants to be my lover... But only on text not in real life.

I really like him... But what dose he mean only online?
We live in different countries so I probably won't see him vary often...

He said we can't in real because I'm to young for him, is that why?
And why can we date online but not offline if the reson is he thinks I'm to young?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't date someone you've never met.

• I did meet him once... And we've talked a lot online

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry to say this but it sounds very inappropriate for him to want to be with someone so young. I think the reason he wants things to be so private is because it's possibly illegal.

I know you may not want to hear this, but trust me. This guy does NOT have your best interests at heart. It may seem exciting to talk to and older guy and have him say nice things about you. But he's most likely only interested in one thing.

What Guys Said 2

• To catch a predator...

• Perhaps he has a lover in real life and wants to keep both relationships, if so, just no.

What Girls Said 5

• I guess for sex. He just want to be friends!

• Well please don't accept to be his lover! He sounds like a jerk! Your young to recognize but he isn't good for you!

• I feel like I am a thousand years old.

• have you saw him through Skype at least?

• No, but I met him in person once

• look for someone else in real life

• He's manipulating you to draw you into sending nudes and sexting with him. If he'd said just to be online friends I'd assume he was more genuine but because he stated he wants to be your lover I wouldn't trust him. He's definitely trying to manipulate you