What happened to the guys & girls who want a committed relationship?

I just feel like people stopped caring about committed relationships and don't value loyalty anymore. I mean, I understand wanting to experience the perks of dating without being tied down, but it's getting a little out of hand. I keep hearing people talking about being friends with benefits and having one night stands. What I don't understand is why people can't ask for what they truly want. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that approach to dating, but I feel like friends with benefits are normally not on the same page.

For example, a guy starts developing true feelings for the girl and she is perfectly content with just hooking up with the guy. People seem to think it's wrong to want a committed relationship these days. It makes me really sad that this is what the world has come to. I think there is beauty in the chase. For example, when a guy is interested in a girl and pursues her for months before she finally agrees to have sex with him. Even more importantly, why is it so rare for a teenage girl to be a virgin? Yes, I understand that it is not "popular" to wait until after marriage, but I just think the innocence has disappeared in the dating world. When a guy asks for sex and a girl refuses because she thinks she deserves better or simply isn't ready, he looks at her like she's out of her mind.

Obviously girls want the same things a guy does but they make it seem like it's unheard of. Of course I'm not saying this is always the case, but I miss when guys would meet the girl's parents, treat her as a gentleman should, and see her as more than just a physical object. Respect has disappeared out of dating (on both sides). Girls also use guys sometimes to make other guys jealous. Whatever happened to behaving authentically in a relationship? Maybe it's just me but I wish old fashioned dating can be made "popular" again. Women and men should have respect for themselves and understand that a committed relationship is nothing to be ashamed of. Please share your thoughts and sorry if this comes across as judgmental but it's something I'm very passionate about :)

What Guys Said 1

• I want to be married

What Girls Said 0