Is the friend zone permanent?

General discussion:
Is it permanent? Is it real? Is one gender more likely to change their mind? Does anyone have stories about getting out of the friend zone? Or tips? (ok I might have had someone say he only sees me as a friend)

Most Helpful Guy

• The friend zone is a name placed on the feeling of loving someone who only sees you as a friend. So yes it is absolutely real. Actively trying to get out of it is very rarely worth it. Best to be honest about your feelings toward them and be willing to accept they don't share them.

Most Helpful Girl

• nothings permanent. you can die or they can hate you or decide they want to date. i think the more important thing is, is it worth wasting time just 'in case'.

• and what makes people choose 'maybe but probably not' over 'very possibly. '

sounds like that person doesn't really want a relationship they just want the longing. its best to go after things we have confidence about.

• keeps it real.

What Guys Said 4

• It's very real and it's often "till death do us reunite".

• For me it is permanent.

• Yeah its like facing death nah nah nah nah you can't have any.

• Read my mytake on frienzone that I made this week.

• Ok so I read it and all the comments and my initial plan was to argue as to why this doesn't apply to me.
      But that's a stupid move. It does apply to everyone. My dilemma is we genuinely are very good friends (without anything physical) and have been for years so cutting him out isn't something I want to do. But not settling for less than you want also speaks to me.

What Girls Said 4

• No... Some people get out of the "friendzone". Feelings change, and sometimes some people start getting feelings for the other person once they know they have feelings for them. And sometimes people are friendzoned because they are already dating someone or like someone else at that moment. Doesn't mean they will never like you in the future.

• I believe the "friend zone" is not permanent. I've "friend zoned" guys before, but as I got to know them I realized I didn't want to be just friends anymore.

• Nah, some can go out of the friendzone lol

• Of course not.