Why aren't black girls attracted to white guys like white girls are attracted to black guys?

It gets annoying as fuck, because I see a lot of black girls that I think are hot and I want to talk to them but I know they won't like me and will take me as a joke simplu because I am white. But, black guys don't have that problem with white girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• This problem honestly dates back hundreds of years ago, but basically it's because the media/world has tried to make white women seem the most desirable. The lighter your skin is (especially if you are a woman) = the prettier you are in this society. While for men it was the darker your skin was = the hotter and more "exotic" you were. (Ex. The "tall, dark, and handsome" phrase) This put black women in a very awkward position because most black women aren't light or at least not to the standard they have to be in order to be considered attractive. The same with white men, unless they went out and tanned they weren't dark. (Though their color was more accepted in the workplace than the bedroom) I think the whole reason black girls don't go for white guys is because black girls think all white guys want to get with is white girls while all white guys think black girls want to get with is black guys.
    You'd honestly be surprised, if you approach the girl she might be flattered and genuinely be interested in you! Try it out.

Most Helpful Guy

• People mostly prefer people of their own race. All this stuff about interracial dating on the web is mostly motivated by curiosity, nothing more. And actually, black guys do have issues getting white girls. They're all over gag whining about racism in dating because white girls won't give them a chance. Whites and blacks mostly date among their own ethnicities even to this day.

What Girls Said 17

• Well, for one thing, black guys often put on a hard sell to white girls. They'll really go all out, at least in the initial part of dating. White guys don't seem eager to do that with black women. Second, I think most black women are attracted to white guys, and, tbt, most white guys aren't into black women. If they did like each other, I think you'd see more than just a scant few of these couples around. White guys date Chinese girls, Filipinas, Mexican girls, Cuban girls, Indian girls, etc, etc, but they don't date black girls. To me, that says that there's a lack of attraction on top of all the racial nonsense. And for their part, black girls seem to want black guys with confidence and 'swag.' Most white guys aren't like that.

• I know a lot of white guy black girl couples haha so depends on the girl

• Be smooth. Women like a guy who takes an interest. Maybe the culture would encourage you to be more bold than white culture. But women will be flattered and you never know. Be ok with rejection. It's a part of dating life for everyone.

• That's a very false and general statement. Everyone has there preferences I am a black female who likes white boys, and there are many girls out there like me. It just so happens that they have a preference to another race or your going about it the wrong way. Some black girl may like you one day. Just chill not everyone is the same. You will meet someone.

• Chris Rock actually has some ideas on this.

http://youtu.be/Bv6vdOcehgc

Go like 4 minutes in. Or watch the whole thing. It's pretty good.

• I ONLY like white guys.. The thing is that white guys aren't "all in your face" like how black men can be... If you see a girl and you want to talk to her, stop being scared and talk to her... Black men are usually confident about getting women and white men always seem to be scared of us, IF YOU WANT US COME GET US!!! We loooovee white boys!!!

• I wouldn't say it's always related to being cared. Perhaps for the majority it isn't at all. Culturally speaking, white men are more often than not raised to acknowledge personal space. Especially before knowing if the girl might be attracted to them. Better to test to see if she's interested rather than forcing yourself on someone disinterested.

• @BigJake lmao okay i AM a black woman and ik FIRST HAND that black women love white men, i went to schools that were more than 90% black people... grown up with them my WHOLE life... you're going off a few black girls at predominantly white school... did it ever occur to you that maybe they were being treated weird, and Just decided to stay within their own race? I've been through that too.. like "it seemed like they weren't interested ANYWAY, so I'll just stay with the black men".. White men always intrigued me, but they seemed more interested in the other races...

• My HS wasn't predominantly white, it was ~35% black and ~35% white with most of the rest a mix of Asian and Hispanic. It was really ethnically mixed, not some whitopia or something. I don't think black kids were treated weird, they just preferred to be around other black kids. And yes, the black girls preferred to date black guys. Black guys would flirt with all the different girls, but black girls looked at the non-black guys like we were bothering them if we ever talked to them. I'm not saying that you are like this, I'm just saying that this was my experience.

Maybe where you live things are different, I don't know. What I do know is that much of this talk about black women dating men of other races is a new thing and wasn't much discussed even five or ten years ago. That makes me wonder what changed, like why is it suddenly a big thing when black women traditionally have wanted to be with black men exclusively.

• It's usually the other way round. I see plenty of white guy/black girl couples.

• I think its because white skin is too far away from dark skin so they just don't find that contrast attractive. Just a guess. But I have a close black friend who only dates white guys. We live in the suburbs so its a given.

• My preference is white guy.

• it's fine to approach. there are tons of those relationships now, so I don't see why you wouldn't be fine.

• u have to just give it time some black woman just are more independent and have to realize they are being admired

• Why don't you try talking to them and see how it goes?

• http:// cdn. meme. am/instances/500x/9158596. jpg

• Well I'm actually a black girl and I had a crush on white guy for 3 years (I'm really shy so I don't flirt or act on feelings). Honestly not everyone is open to interracial dating but tbh for me I like all guys regardless of race. To me it more about their interests and personality (like I love athletes, artist, musicians, dancers, comedian etc.)

• Man up and talk to them, girls are girls no matter what color, they all want a guy to approach them and give them attention.

• Many black guys have a problem with white girls. It's just about personal preference, no hard feelings.

• I am sorry, but your question makes no sense at all.

What Guys Said 10

• Most people date within their race because that's who attracts them. Most black girls are attracted to black guys, and white guys are so different that there's no way we could measure up to their archetype of the attractive guy. It's pretty normal across different ethnic and cultural groups, and it's the reason blacks and whites remain so segregated.

• It's actually quite the opposite.
    In my experience Black girls really want White guys while White girls are skeptical of Black guys.
    Just approach

• don't know, most black girls I've talked to on this site said they are into white guys or even prefer them.

• Really? Interesting from my experience black girls do love white guys but black girls thought white guys don't like black girls.

• I must admit it seems a lot more difficult to approach black girls but im now of the opinion that more often than not its something white guys seem to think than actual fact

• Just keep your chin up and keep trying. Honestly, dating is a numbers game, try enough times and sooner or later someone will say yes regardless of race, nationality or creed eat.

• LMao, black girls love white guys waaayy more than white girls like black guys.

If you're good looking and white, you can basically trip and fall and wind up in a black girl's underwear if you want.

• Trolling, trolling, trolling the ocean blue.

• Because black women and and white men are supposed to traditionally hate each other due to history.

• From what I've seen a lot of the white girls who go for black guys really like how the black guys value them and treat them like something special. I don't think black girls expect that from white guys as much.