Would you date a girl who is not really smart?

- Like never go to college
- Have a simple job

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• I will get a lot of hate for this, but most guys don't care about that stuff. A job, and education are status symbols. Women care about status a lot more than guys do. This is why I think it is funny that women that are educated and have a flashy career think that somehow it entitles her to a better man. They talk about wanting a man that is their equal, not realizing they haven't raised their value as women at all. As long as the woman isn't a burden on the guy, most guys won't care. That is really the extent of what most guys care about when it comes to how smart a woman is.

• It's cool to think like this, I don't go to college and a lot of people think of me like stupid because of that. Girls who go to college think is important and only want to date degree guy, I was thinking guy are the same.

• No, most guys don't think the same as women. There will always be exceptions, but for the most part guys won't care. Those women with degrees will all fight over the men they see as their equals, meanwhile you will actually be on equal footing as them, even if they don't realize it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. Higher education has nothing to do with her personnality.

What Guys Said 33

• First, I echo the other opinions with: What the heck makes someone going to college smart? What's smart about going to college, racking up a huge debt, only to find no one will hire you and that what you really want in life is a family?

Second, if they're family oriented, what good would a career path do them?

Do we share the same values, do we connect, are we attracted to one another, and do we bring complimentary strengths to the relationship. If I can have that and she never went to college and has a simple job? Frick yes, I would date and marry such a woman.

• I don't know. Perhaps? It really just depends on if she's nice as a person. In fact this set up might even be better - we both earn but I'm the main breadwinner and she gets to stay home with the kids more and won't lose out on much if she stays at home when the kids are just born.

• This is a tough question. On the one hand, intelligence usually means the person will be able to come up with interesting things to talk about. This is very important to me because I like having good, stimulating conversations. Without smarts, I feel like I'd have to do all of the heavy lifting conversationally and it would get tiring. Intelligence also usually means the person is able to have an at least okay job and is able to pay for themselves, and would not need me to have to work double the amount I am working already to pay for myself, in order to pick up the income slack.

That being said, intelligence isn't the only trait I'd look for, and even if they have it, it can be countered by bad personality traits. Intelligence isn't that great if the person just isn't nice, or if they are intelligent but rebellious to the point of stupidity. That's the problem with intelligence - sometimes, smart people can be cold and condescending and think they are better than you and don't need to understand you. And know-it-all attitudes are very aggravating.

Then again, it's really important to me to have a partner who inspires me, who makes me feel like they are passionate about something and not a bump on a log. I want someone who inspires and encourages me to keep going with my interests and not just give up and settle for whatever. I want someone to bounce ideas off of, who helps me learn and grow, who would somehow, in some way help me with my interests. I don't know that a less-smart girl could help me with this, and it's a pretty high priority on what I want in a girlfriend.

• I don't know. I have to say, I'm not thrilled about the idea of dating a less-intelligent girl. She'd have to really make up for it in other ways.

• Just because you don't go to college and have a simple job doesn't mean you're stupid.

• Sure, but college doesn't make one smart.

• having a simple job doesn't mean you are not smart. depends on the person, if i can talk with her about conspiracy theories and aliens i would be fine :D

• Education does not necessarely reflect her intelligence. If she doesn't have tertiary education, it's natural she would be working a simple job, what else can she do? What matters is, she makes her life work and that's smart to me. I would date her.

What is not smart is only complaining and doing nothing about her problems. I would not hate her.

• None of those things make someone stupid or smart lol. I'd date you as long as you are not so inferior to the point where I have to spoon feed you conversations.

• Intelligence and education are not the same thing at all. Elon Musk dropped out of college to become one t=of the richest people on earth, and he is also reportedly fantastically intelligent.

• not going to college doesn't mean dumb
    I've done debates with college students and made them look stupid,
    I left one guy quiet cause he could say whatever he wanted but couldn't show the proof, but yes being dumb is a draw back for me, but not a deal breaker

• No, I love intelligent girls too much, but I don't judge intelligence based on job or education. Depression can make people underachieve. I judge intelligence by talking to someone.

• It's not because they don't go to college or have an easy job, that they're not smart

• we are all secretly brian;)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdEbJ6eYzec

• i dont see why that would matter.

• Depends ))))

• Hell no. But the characteristics you mentioned don't define smart. Almost all of us worked "simple" jobs at one point or the other and going to college is a struggle these days due to how expensive tuition is.

• I talk about people who make only simple job all his life

• Going do college dosnt make you smart, i dont like dating stupid girls though but thinking about i whould date you cause this is what dates are all about learning the person i like more street smart the book smart people the type you are.

• No, I have a hard time relating to them

• Never going to college doesn't make you dumb, just as going to college doesn't make you smart. Having a "simple job" is of no influence either. But I would not date someone who isn't remotely intelligent.

• If she understands fundamentally/basically sure.

• College and employment do not dictate intelligence :)

• Yes , why not?

• Of course. At least you have a job & making your own way in life

• As long as she is a kindred spirit, doesn't lie, doesn't cheat, doesn't lack respect and doesn't try and dutch oven me on a Sunday morn then she can work a menial job.

• I'd date a prostitute so yeah that's fine.

• maybe. if she really hot and give a head my not.

• Sure. Although at some point if she truly isn't too bright, a relationship may get dull unless you can relate to one another on some level other than sex.

• this really is a thing with girls isn't it? i have this crush on a girl who keeps repeating to me every once in a while "oh but im just a secretary" and whenever she says that i look to the sky and ask god why the hell that even matters to her. she could be a barista and i wouldn't care. i mean come on.

• I wouldn't date a moron. I might date a girl with relatively little education, though I'm less likely to meet such a girl.

• Yes because men just care about if the girl is kind to him and attractive. We are not entitled and hypergamous like women.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 5

• That doesn't say shit about her intelligence. She could be very intelligent but poor.
    I wouldn't date a bimbo if that answers your question

• Yes why not!

• Not so intelligent question.

• I didn't go to college and most people consider me to have considerably above average intelligence. I had other priorities.

• oh i just realized im not smart... i didn't go to college (university) and i don't have a job. I'm a full time housewife and mother of 3 while my husband is a deployed soldier and i don't see him for 6 months. i do everything in the house, take care of my kids and give them the best education i can (yes, better than mine because im not smart)

• that's the opinion of people in my country, i didn't go to college and when I said to people my job they just think of me like a stupid girl who are not smart enough for having a career. For me being a housewives is a full time job, my mother was doing that.