How come white guys don't approach latinas?

So im hispanic I'm half ecuadorian and Venezuela , I'm currently in college and I always wondered how come white guys don't approach latinas?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm very attracted to Latin girls, but I always wonder if they'd be interested in a white guy like me. Latinas seem to gravitate to Latin men and black guys. I've even heard latinas say disparaging things about white guys, so probably most white guys feel similarly to me, like y'all won't be interested.

• I understand but majority of us like white guys , we just felt that they like white girls only.

• Not true. Countless Latinas love White men. Literally, countless.

• This is a good reason

Most Helpful Girl

• Because we're not white. People tend to stick with their own race.

What Guys Said 38

• Could be the sophisticated sound of Spanish banter. Even if its friendly its intimidating if two or more latinas are speaking.

Experince: My honorary aunt is Mexican and fluent in both Spanish and English and its intimidating to listen to Spanish especially if the person is fluent.

• Yes I understand but I still feel you guys shouldn't let that intimidate you. If you like a latina go for it , best advice

• That really is surprising. Maybe you're the intimidating kind of Latina. But, at the same time, how do you know they're not approaching *because* you're Latina? It could be a whole different reason. Your body language could be nervous or defensive. You could be saying "leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you" with your body language. Or, perhaps you live in a racist part. I think that's less likely, unless you live in Mississippi, Alabama or Tennessee or something. I live in Texas, and even here there's not much of that. Everyone gets along just fine, and everyone dates anyone.

Actually. Come to think of it, I've *mostly* dated Latinas. And I'm white. Almost all of my gfs have been Latina. Or half Latina or Hispanic/half white. Maybe half and half Latina and white. Or, perhaps you simply are either super hot, so guys are intimidated by your beauty--or just think such a hot girl would already be taken; or you're not very attractive and guys aren't interested (even if that's true, it's not the end of the world: guys will still approach even less than average girls eventually)

Though, according to various statistics, particularly okcupid statistics that I remember, people namely date within their own race. They prefer their own race, naturally. The familiar, the known. So it might just be that they're after the white chicks. I would be curious what the racial demographic is at your college. Is it mostly white people? If it's in the U. S., then probably, given we're 76% of the population. In that case, they might just feel more comfortable around their own race. But like I said, it could also be how you carry yourself. How friendly you are, if you go off into the corner of the room or cross your arms a lot or avoid eye contact and stuff. Usually, a guy has to know that there's some kind of chance. A certain kind of eye contact can do that and let him know that you're interested--or at least give him an idea that it's possible.

• I don't really approach anyone lol
    But I'm definitely open to dating a woman of any race or ethnic background so I don't care about that stuff.

• Are guys approaching anybody these days?

• I SO DO.
    My girlfriend is Latina, I approached.
    Most of my dates through uni-to-now have been Latinas, I approached most.

You just have to be as approachable as possible, smile, be positive, don't dress casually, and make eye contact, send LOUD ass non-verbal signals, let him know you are interested, try to talk to him yourself too.

• I don't know about other white guys, but I only go for latinas. That's some fine shit.

• Experience, really. Most Latinas do nothing but screw me over. Or hate outright. So I've learned to avoid them. There was a time I would've thought a Latina was the greatest thing ever. Then I got burned. Maybe I'll get over it one day.

• I used to have a dance partner from Argentina :) who I dated

• No love for the yellow guys? We're all over campus.

Why can't you do the approaching? It's 2016 soon

• Must admit that is surprising - Always thought Latinas were gorgeous

• Some do some don't. Some of them are obsessed with Latinas, like my dad, some aren't like my brother. I just don't really care, a cute girl is a cute girl. Ethnicity or race doesn't mean anything to me. Try starting conversations with the guys you like and drop hints you like them. Good luck.

• can't tell whether she's the latina that goes for the black guys or the latina that goes for the white guys. there's an odd division

• Majority of us latinas don't care about the race , majority of us latinas want to date white guys and black guys , in my point of view I just want to break those racial Boundaries

• lol i so often see latinas dating just one or the other but maybe

• Because they are very loud.

Source: my mother is latina - very loud.

• We think they're too pretty and out of our league.

• I do. White guys is a skin colour. I'm from the uk and over here we apprach girls we like. Spanish girls are always welcome over here

• We do... They just have that Latina attitude that is too hard to get through. Also, if you aren't Catholic you know there is no future there and their family will hate you. Been there, done that but homestly would love to give it another try!

• let me tell you.. im not really "white" im middle eastern. but if there's one type of girls that i go crazy over its latinas ALL DAY ALL DAY NIGGA

• Why don't latinas approach white guys?

• I believe I'd approach you. I don't know why those that are there don't.

• Latina girls usually have crazy families no bullshit lol

• I love latinas. My wife to be is a latina!

• I'm not white, would you date me? LOL :P

• Mine is a case of there aren't any around me

• I would not know, but as an Asian American I would approach you so.

• I do I love Latinas! mmmmm :P

• so 1 white guy didn't approach u, now u think all white guys dont approach latinas all together

• Don't know... but they are missing out

• I try. I Honestly don't like women with brown eyes. They are sexy don't get me wrong though.

• Love Latinas! Would have messaged you if you wasn't anonymous. Are you thick built

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 12

• Really? I've heard lots of white men rave about latinas. Even British guys rave about latinas.. didn't think there were very many latinos in the UK. Where do you live? In your area, whom do latinas typically date?

• I live in USA , and we tend to date Latinos but we wouldn't mind if a white or any other race would approach us. I just want to break those racial Boundaries

• i love em!

• I dunno! I don't think it true. No guy has ever ask me out! Its always me! Maybe thats my problem! Who knows! Who cares? MORE APPLES FOR ME!

• Yeees!!! Why is that?

• Boys are scared of language barriers. Really, that's 99 percent of it.

If you know any Latinas who hang out with multi racial crowds and speak English all the time, they probably get as many white boys as anyone else.

• I think it's because most non-white people seem to view white guys as some sort of villain, as if some white college guy is to blame for racism in 1955. I think this causes most white guys to think that girls of other races aren't interested in dating them. Lots of Hispanic girls are fine, so that's not the reason.

• Not true I'm mixed black and Latina and my boyfriend is 100% white, blondish, green eyes, and he was the first to approach me. They do like latinas

• I know a lot of white guys who like Latinas. However a lot get the rep for being hot tempered and sassy, could be intimidating? Because when I think Latina I think of those LA hood rats who are kind of ghetto. I know that's not true for all and you're probably nothing like thst

• I mean, do latinos even approach us?
    Seems like many guys don't do the approaching in general now a days.

• either some feel intimidating, or not their type, I am latina and my boyfriend is white he is VERY shy, had we not met online perhaps he wouldn't had approached me... sometimes they think we are very outspoken and afraid of being rejected lol

• Simple you are not pretty?

• Fear of rejection.

• Latina is an ethnicity not a race, so I'm surprised they don't approach you. Maybe some of them just don't find you attractive