Is online dating always like this?

To be fair, this is only online and I haven't gotten to really know anyone. However, I just started online dating and it seems the guys who are interested in me are totally creepy. And fyi my photos are very clean and respectable and I'm fully covered.
Guys seem to come on so strong and it completely turns me off, is online dating always like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep its where the crazies prowl

Most Helpful Girl

• yep, it usually is like that. Another thing that happens most of the time that is infuriating, is when you will become interested in someone and start to only talk to them and then they are still seeing other women. it is hard to date online, but sometimes you end up with someone that is truly special. i wish you the best of luck and hope you meet the right guy.

What Guys Said 6

• yes online dating and speed dating are exacticually like that sadly.

• What website are you using?

• what would you want them to say?

• what do you define as "creepy" and "coming on strong"?

• Like asking for a picture of my boobs. ..
      And calling me "sweetie" and "Hun" as soon as I respond to their first message, which was a lot more respectful.
      This is multiple guys.

• well yeah they shouldn't be doing that. A lot of girls have a lot more benign definition of "creepy".

• Everyone can be categorized as creepy but many men that online date are too weird for real life as are some of the women.

• Are you talking about flirting with guys online, or using an online tool, perhaps paid, to meet people that want to date in real life?

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah there are many guys who will come on very strong. However don't give up. There are a few decent guys on dating sites and they won't act so desperate.

• I say try to avoid it! I refuse to make an online dating profile!

• Online dating is fucking terrible. A majority of the guys their are less than respectable to be honest. Plus it's always 10x more awkward going on a first date with them versus an acquaintance or coworker.

• I've never tried dating online