Is it ever a good idea to show up at an exes house to try win them back?

What's your opinion?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• He is an ex and he broke up with you. He doesn't want you in his life You tried and it didn't work. If you do manage to reconcile, you will rediscover the reasons why you broke up and it will happen again. When you break up, you cease contact, you learn your lessons and lick your wounds, and then you move on.

• We don't know why we broke though that's the thing. He just all of a sudden starting acting weird after two years saying he didn't know what was wrong with him because he loved me and wanted to be with me but his head was all over the place and felt unhappy and he didn't know why.

• That is simply what he told you. When guys lie like that, it usually means that they have been unfaithful and don' want to confess.

• He wasn't unfaithful. He is most genuine and sincere man I know. We we're friends for years before our relationship. I asked him was there someone else when we were breaking up and he said of course not. He also got mad when I said I got asked out on date and I chose him. And he freaked out and got so mad that I would try to make him jealous like that. So I honestly don't think there was another girl involved. I sincerely hope not anyway

Most Helpful Girl

• in some situations someone has to swallow their pride and take action!!! i wish the guy i really like would just knock at my door and ask for me back... maybe guys wouldn't like that but I think in some cases it might be needed so someone has to take a leap!

What Guys Said 15

• Taylor Swift much?

• Only if you're doing with a boombox held over your head.

• The poll results are obvious.

• It depends I think on why you broke up.

If you cheated on me, and I see you at my door. I'd let you wait in front of that closed door

• No cheating. Just broke up over a horrible argument and we got back together but still didn't forgive me so. It ended a month later. Its been three months now and we've had limited contact. I have a box of his things to give him so was thinking of using that as an excuse

• So you don't think there's anything I can do :/

• The only thing you can do is to give his stuff back and write that letter.
      And from then on, I'd try to move on

• You would think you would learn from your mistake the first time. Ah well.

• You should do it if that's what you really feel. But it usually doesn't work because you can't get what you think/feel across if someone's already done with you. Good luck!

• You can't change a guy. I keep telling you girls that, but some don't listen. Nothing can change him, not even sex. There is a reason you broke up with him or he broke up with you. Why do you want to be back with him? What was he like?

• she's not changing him,. she's doing something from her end. its his decision what he does. why try to limit her actions. she's not hurting anyone. if it doesn't work it doesn't work. but taking chances and risks and making an effort is life. maybe they had a misunderstanding , who knows.

• @Azara No, there is a reason she is going back back to her ex. If she didn't want to change him or try making it work she wouldn't be going back period. I didn't limit her actions. I just told she that she can't change a guy. This is not necessarily a risk. Sometimes you know the outcome of a decision, in this case that may be so or trying to make something her way. She is trying to win them back. Convince the guy to be in a relationship again. That's trying to change the guy. If you are try to convince someone, you are trying to persuade them to agree with your idea and do what you want

• Sure. Take a gun with you. Sure to convince him.

• Best idea to contact them first in some way.

• I've tried and it's kind of hit and miss, sometimes he replies and sometimes not

• I know it sounds stupid but I can't you know. I don't know how we fell apart they're was nothing majorly wrong in our relationship. He was just confused and I don't know what made him be like that

• Well if he won't give you answers perhaps it is something he did or heard. Stopping him from telling you.

• Now THAT will piss him off

• No. And I don't even have to explain why.

• No never. just move on

• Go for it, All the best.

• 0|0
  • Definitely, light some candles in a heart shape and play this while crying:

https://youtu.be/N2ICtCO8TCw

What Girls Said 10

• I don't know, are you trying to beat a dead horse? Are you trying to rehash old arguments? Are you trying to force someone to feel in love with you when they clearly aren't? Are you trying to re-live a miserable experience?

You don't "win" back an ex. If they really love you, they will come back on their own.

It's not a hollywood movie where you can just show up on someone's doorstep and they will eagerly take you back and you'll live happily ever after. They might not even open the door for you.

The best thing to do is be the best version of yourself and stop making poor decisions based on some fantasy you have in your head. Try being their friend FIRST, and if it's meant to be, it will go from there. You can't just show up and "force" someone to fall in love with you. They have to build those feelings on their own.

• Showing up to an exes house is invasive and disrespectful. If you want to get back together, and you believe that it is possible for you to "win" that person back, you have to do it on THEIR terms. Text or call them to ask if you can meet up to talk about things. If they are unwilling to meet up with you, you have to respect that. But showing up at their home uninvited? That's not OK.

• i think its a good idea to do whatever you want-within the law and not including anything mean spirited- and learn after the fact if its something you think you should have done. no one here knows your relationship but i think doing that is brave. as for not putting yourself in a vulnerable position, well, a little too late. thats what life is all about from when you arrive naked and someone slaps you.

and i dont know what anyone is talking about that you can't change a guy. yapper not changing him you're making an effort bc you want to. its still his decision.

• No. What's the point? You broke up for a reason. Don't be desperate.

• Yeah sounds like it! lol But i dunno!

• most prob no.
    I have too much ego for that :P
    you can call him first. start by that.
    don t put yourself in a vulnerable position.

• Showing up at someone's house uninvited is immature... and it's trespassing which is illegal. If I were you, I would not try to get back with an ex. You broke up for a reason and it could end up causing more harm. If you really want to reconcile with an ex, there are better ways to do it. You would have to do it on their terms because if you don't, they could press charges for harassment. Try calling them and ask if they want to meet up to talk things out. If they don't want to see you, then respect that.

• I think it's a bad idea. You can't make a guy want you

I'm not saying that is what you are doing its just in general

The ex may already have a relationship

• Girl you don't need him there's plenty of fish in the damn see why himm geez

• www.exboyfriendrecovery.com/.../
    Maybe that will help? I recommend ignoring him and going no contact it works %100 of this time like magic I promise in little time he will be begging you back instead of the other way around