Do you/will you show off your love life on social media?

Ex. Posting photos

• Yes
  • No
And much more...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't do Facebook or any of that social media shit. I don't really put my business out there like that, good, bad, or otherwise. My goal is to be unsearchable on the Internet. GAG is the closest thing I do to social media. And you're outside of your mind if you think I'd ever throw a picture of my girlfriend up on here to any of these jackals🐺

Most Helpful Girl

• Sharing a picture here or there is fine, nice dinner and you take a pic, went on a hike or vacation... but the overly sharing couples are annoying. One couple I knew shared pictures in bed together, pictures of each other sleeping and they professed their love daily on fb to eachother. Like shit, you take pictures of eachother sleeping, why not confess your undying love in real life. They'd say such personal things I felt dirty reading it, like i was reading a private message haha. Another couple I knew broke up and got back together at least 10 times and everytime they were back on it was "love of my life/soul mate" blah blah. People like that are part of the reason I dont have facebook anymore. Hah

• Exactly. I think people who have to tell the world aren't as happy as they make out to be. If you're happy you're happy yourself you don't need to tell everyone.

What Guys Said 28

• I will post casual pictures, but not that stupid selfie kissing shit with stupid cheesy quotes. That shit disgusts me.

• Nope. I'm not into sharing my personal life. I value my privacy and think if people want to know about me they will make the real effort of talking to me or being a part of my life.

Publishing my life just gives people a reason to not engage with me. Now I'd rather not engage with 99% of people but I'd also rather engage with the people that care and matter over giving them a pass on actually being a part of my life without being a part of my life.

• i don't post much on social media but i occassionally post pictures and stuff but i don't feel like it's a place to show off... but showing off isn't really my personality

• I don't show off necessarily, but I'll share a memorable moment or something funny that happened maybe.
    I'd say my last major show off moment was pics about my last physique competition in August, but that's an accomplishment worth sharing too I think.

• I'm not a fan of that kinda stuff. But then again, I'm sort of a private person; I just don't see the need to show off my relationship stuff.

• I don't post photos of my girlfriend but I will talk/brag about her to anyone who will listen.

• If and when I am in love, I certainly will. Aah, waiting for that elusive day! :P

• It destroys the sanctity of the relationship

They're supposed to be intimate private and personal not between the couple and everyone on the internet

• Show my love to the world? Why not, not ashamed to have her with me
    Show off? nah

• Only had one girlfriend that I did that with. So I'm gonna say yes I would. It's good to brag about your girl a little bit. Just don't be obnoxious and make that your whole existence on social media.

• Posting some pictures is inevitable, but showing off too much isn't something I'd do.

• If she's hot, hell Ima show it on Snapchat for bro points

• I imagine the question for most of us is not "if" but "when," as in "at what point in the relationship is this appropriate?"

• That is assuming that one chooses to post anything personal at all...

• No I find that stuff annoying you don't need to post to the whole world your getting poon tang and your in a relationship.

• I would not constantly post pics of her and I, but I would not post nothing at all either.

• At least that's how I would act when it comes to Instagram. I would probably not post anything on Facebook because I rarely use Facebook at all anyway.

• I don't exist online and that's how it will stay. They can edit photos and other media to show anything. Why give them the rope to hang you.

• No.

My love life was no one's business but mine and my partner. I even asked them to keep the amount of pics of me / us to a minimum etc.

• No patience for that.

• I do it because I like who I am with. Although she isn't into taking pictures wth people, but she enjoys taking selfies. It's more like we have two different pesonalities but we still share feelings for each other.

• If a girl friend ants to take pictures I will but I don't like to flaunt it in case I make the single folks sad, cause I know when I see people all lovey Dovey it makes me a bit sad that I'm alone or just flat out annoyed at the mushiness

• I haven't got that kind of ego, at least I do what I can to keep it down - besides, I personally hardly ever share content without means for others. Isn't that why one share after all?

• No point in it, however it is a lot of fun playing with the relationship status! LOL

• Depends and I think I would sometimes cause I won't be ashamed of her ❤

• A relationship status change?
    Maybe.
    More than that?
    No.

• No, but my girlfriend can do that (if I had one).

• No — I don't think that's other people's business, and if we break up that's all still there.

• No why would I? I don't fucking care about social media !!! :D

• I never really paid attention to doing that.

What Girls Said 42

• Im a big picture poster on Instagram and facebook so I think if I didn't post pictures of us from time to time it would be weird. I just enjoy posting pictures. That being said it's not going to be a constant thing and im not going to revolve the relationship around if we can get a good picture of what we do everyday lol I think people who are constantly posting xouple pictures are compensating for some kind of insecurities or lack of satisfaction in the relationship.

• I'm not really one too as I don't like people knowing my personal business. IN my past relationships social media brought up a few fights and ultimately lead to insecurities. I feel like now that i'm oder and have learnt through experience I wouldn't necessarily avoid posting a photo I liked, but I wouldn't go out of my way to write paragraphs about my partner.

• If it's an excessive amount of pictures thenI'm often dubious that all isn't what it seems-if people are so happy in relationships they wouldn't have time to post about it on social media..

I don't post my love life on social media I don't have one but I'm the kind that gets embarrassed by public affection... and some post one or two pictures of themselves... it's more than 2 or 3 every fortnight not all is what it seems x

• I said no but that doesn't mean I never post photos of us. I posted some from a recent vacation for example. But I don't do couple selfies and shit like that, or post lovey dovey stuff on his wall, etc. We also don't have our relationship status on our profiles but I do have him in my profile pic.

• Nope. Maybe scarcely like once every 3 months for example, but i dont c y people need to be up to date with others' relationships.

• Nah, I don't. I take some photos of us together but they're never good photos, and he doesn't like having his photo taken anyway. If we were both happy with the photos, then maybe I'd post more, but I rarely use social media anyway.

• I don't "show off" my relationship.

His mother takes a lot of pictures and posts them to Facebook and tags us in them. He and I post a rare picture every once in a while.

• No, I keep my love life strictly private. Usually when I see other people being all lovely do ey on social media and constantly posting pictures of them and their partner it makes me cringe and it bores me to death. Honestly. 🙄

• Not really! Sometimes I want to!

• Even if I did have a lover, I would not be sharing it on the internet 24/7 like some girls. Maybe sometimes, like cute pictures. Not like the ones where they screenshot face times or text messages. *gags*

• I am not that type.. be it my relationship or anything else about my life.. but if someone asks then I'll sure tell it..

• I voted yes before I understood the question hahaha

Well, I think some pics, but not something like having my profile pic and cover pic and everything with his/her face on it.

• If I happen to take a nice picture with them then yeah sure. But I'm not going to like post photos 24/7 and make fb statuses about how I'm so lucky etc.

• Nah. I'm not sure why, but I'm not a huge fan of broadcasting my love life. I'd rather keep it between us.

• I won't. I think it's a sign of insecurity posting couple pics constantly. Fair enough now and then but I don't feel the need to show off a relationship to the world.

• I hardly put my business on social media.

• No I don't. I feel that people who do it lots have big time insecurity issues. A few pics here and there is ok but constant pics and or status updates on your love life or love for them is way too much because let's be honest: no one really gives a shit.

I'm more private. People don't need to know my business.

• I would. Boyfriend doesn't want to 😒 Not posting pictures. No visuals. I always talk of him, a mention here and there would be cool. But he doesn't like it..

Whatever.

• Yes, I post picture of my boyfriend and I on instsgram. He is also in my profile picture on Facebook.

• I would post a photo once, maybe, if it really is a special occasion. Otherwise I don't find it useful to share your "love life" just for the sake of sharing and showing the world. The point of having a relationship isn't to show off the world what a hot girlfriend/boyfriend you got.

• If it's real love I may post 1 or 2 pictures here and there just for the sake of a good memory but it's not like I have to. Why do I need to show off my life to others? Especially if me and the guy break up then I'm just going to feel dumb if I had a bunch of pictures floating around social media of me and my now ex.

• I don't because it's no one's business

• Yes. I assume I've either annoyed or made everyone who follows me on social media jealous with my very open and flamboyant relationship with food

• Not much. Maybe just a pic or 2 of us but not like most people who post every single date.

• Nah

It's distasteful and tacky

Let them rain downvotes

• Social media will fuck You up. Keep the good stuff private. Ok maybe share alittle bit like memories just don't put your whole business out there.

• Not ever. Never ever ever.

• I don't have or like social media so no.

• I clicked yes, but I don't get crazy showing off my love life on social media. I will share a picture every so often.

• Yes. If I'm proud of the person I would want to show them off

• More from Girls
    12